Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Aghios Gordios
34 Posts
We have decided to book independently seeing as there aren't many options through a package holiday for Ag Gordios and we really like the look of the resort. we know it's a nice relaxing resort but as long as there are a few tavernas/restaurants we're happy. It'll be all about the beach and sunset views :)

We are hoping to book Stevens on the Hill by the end ot the day. It has great reviews. Have any of our members stayed there recently. Would love to hear about your stay in Ag Gordios.
:) We're all booked up and counting down ;)

Stevens on the hill, here we come. Just booked this evening for next year's summer holiday. I'm going with my two sisters and our hubbies. Looking forward to the family holiday.
We won't be coming this time :rofl
Agios Gordios is a great village, been 7 times and never get tired of it. You can eat in a different Taverna on a 2 week holiday. Some nice chilled out bars on the beach, look out for Greek nights, BBQ's and there are a couple of late night/early morning bars if you feel like it. :)
steeler nation, that's great to hear. Was begining to think nobody'd heard of the place :D I've looked at lots of photos and been enjoying having a nose around on an interactive map/camera. We've got a long time to wait though :(
steeler nation - that's all we'll need. Good food, decent drinks, nice music, and some of the nicest people :tup Looking forward already
Hi
We were thinking of Corfu for next years holiday, someone recommended Aghios Gordios, so I will be checking out the resort and accommodation over the next few weeks. Been to Sidari a few years ago on a last minute deal.
Is the airport still as bad as a few years ago.....mind you I think Kos airport might be top of my chaotic airports and I survived that...just :yikes
M
We're going DIY for the first time for our main holiday Margaret Carroll - E flight from Bristol and staying 2 weeks here
http://www.stevens.gr/
Hi Helen T
Wow ....that looks gorgeous
How did you get cost? Couldnt find the rates per night :que
Thanks
M
margaretcarroll wrote:
Hi Helen T
Wow ....that looks gorgeous
How did you get cost? Couldnt find the rates per night :que
Thanks
M

Just email them with your dates and number of peeps and you will get a price. Haven't got enough posts to do links yet so google agios-gordios.net and have a look there at the village, try the 360 tour!!

;)
you can fill in a request form straight from the link Helen provided. Once we did that they sent us a price list by e-mail and corresponded with us regularly from then on. They answered within a few hours and we've now booked it all and sent our deposits. they are very friendly and seem highly efficient.
Thanks for that, will have a look when we decide what dates we are going to go on holiday.
M
Helen and Shirley

That accomodation looks and sounds fab (reviews are great) Could almost tempt me back to Corfu. Did say never again!!!
Anyway, sure you will have a great time.

Steph
I've never been before Steph - but looking forward already. We can never get enough of the Greek Islands :tup
Hi Steph,

Why did you say never again, didn't you like Corfu? This will be my third time and I love it! I've been to Crete, Kos x2, zante x2 and Santorini but I think Corfu just has the edge for me.
Shirley

Yes, Corfu was my least favourite out of all the Greek places I have been too. Didn't find the people very friendly at all (went to Paelo, can't remember how to spell it but you know where I mean) had a really bad experience at the airport (which I have talked about on here before, so won't bore you) Have been to Zante (twice), Halkidiki, Skiathos, Thassos, Kalynmos, Kefalonia, Parga (twice) and Lefkas. Enjoyed them all for different reasons but Corfu no....but the place you have picked looks lovely and maybe I should give Corfu another chance....
Have not been to Greece for years and really miss it but not sure we will get abroad next year, our car is very sick (its dying!!!) so will have to fork out for another in next couple of weeks so a holiday maybe out of the question! Don't know how we will manage without a proper holiday to look forward to..
Oh well I can dream and I do frequently...!
x
ooo! Steph, a bit apprehensive now! Been to Kos twice, Zante 3 times, Santorini, Crete, & Kephalonia - loved them all. I really hope we don't have the same experience as you :tup
Sure you won't, after all you have been to Corfu before and enjoyed it so maybe we were just unlucky, but you know when something puts you off somewhere and you are not sure whether you should give it another chance! Felt like that about Turkey for a number of years as we were so ill when we went but would give that another go now.

Up either your way or your sisters (not sure which) October half term, staying a few days in Amroth, Pembrokeshire, can't wait as we have not been to Pembrokeshire before.
Steph - I haven't been to Corfu before-my sister Shirley has. We live within 200 yards of each other. I'm not sure what weather you'll have in Pembrokeshire - but you've got some beautiful coastline there. Anything I can help with? Are you just adults or do you have children with you? There is just so much to see and do in that area?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.