Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Welcome to the forums gogoulis. I see that you are posting from Greece, so do you stay in Agistri ?

David :wave
I've been to Agistri loads of times and I agree that it is a wonderful place. It's getting busier than it used to be but it's still good. You can also try the Agistri Club up on the cliffs by Scala. There's a good sandy beach in Scala and a pebble beach at the bottom of the cliffs where the nude bathers go. But it gets crowded at weekends when the Greeks come over from Athens. Go there!!
And Andreas IS the man.
Hi

Went to Angistri in July/August 2001.

Really enjoyed this holiday, very small place at the time but great people.

Hired a moped and went around the Island which was a great experience, especially finding local Tavernas in the middle of nowhere.

Founf a great nudist beach, but getting there was a little hairy! Not far from Scala. Need to take food and drink though to last the day.

Great opportunity to go to Athens for the day and Aegina is only a short boat trip.

Hope you have a good holiday
We are flying into Athen in August with a week spare until we travel onto Thassos to meet with family.
Cannot decide between Aegina or Agistri - don't want to travel any further to the other Saronic islands as I don't do boats very well.

I would be interested to read any comments abouts either island & are the ferries easy to fathom?
Don`t listen to these people. Angistri is a really really horrid place.

Don`t want it to get too popular now do we! :)
This island looks just right for us, but can't decide which hotel is best, Andreas or Beach Club. Any advice greatly appreciated?
Went to Agistri on the boat from Aegina about 12 years ago.

We were holidaying on Aegina in April and the weather wasnt too great one day, so we decided to go to Agistri for a look around.

The sun came out the minute we stepped off the boat and shone all the time we were on the island.

I dont think we saw more than ten people the whole time we were there.

The beach at Skala, with the church overlooking it, is magical, especially when you are the only people on it.

Its probably got busier now, as has Aegina by all accounts, so I'll probably never get back there. :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.