UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Is this with lastminute.com?

I booked a hotel for Buxton in the Peak District which came up as Top Secret. As soon as you book they email you the name of the hotel. Our voucher came through for the 4* Barcelo Buxton Palace which I'm pleased about, looks like a fairly grand building although Tripadvisor reviews are mixed.

I'd go for it, if you find you've made a mistake you'll only ever do it once and lesson learnt whereas if you find it was a bargain you'll be doing it again and again and be glad you gave it a go.

Mark :tup
Yes Mark it is with Last Minute. Both my daughter & a friend have stayed in one of these and been really lucky. It just seems such a good price as all the others I'm coming up with at that price are only 1 & 2*
Go for it then Helen. If it's 4* and in the right location you've got nothing to lose.
Hi booked one of these undercover hotels in Heathrow for a overnight stay,came up trumps had the
4*Sheraton with breakfast included for £64 the breakfast would have cost £18 the hotel and room
were super,its a bit nerve racking though untill the e_mail comes through :cheers
annx
I'm so disappointed. The hotel I picked didn't have any rooms left. There is another one for not much more, but its in Greenwich & I can't see where that is on my map. Think I'll call it a night now, because its going on my nerves.
Well I'm half way there. I've just booked one of them. The description reds very similar to the one I saw yesterday & its the same location - Kensington. I'm waiting for the e mail to come through now to say which one it is. I don't know whether I'm excited or worried - but I feel a bit sick :think especially as hubby knows nothing about it yet :really
Well I'm ecstatic now -looks like I've got myself a bargain. 4* Harrington Hall in Kensington, complete with gym & sauna. I haven't had a chance to look at all the sites yet, but the prices I've come up with so far range from £395 - £565 for 3 nights - & I've paid £255 - bargain or not :D
Here is a good way to find out where the hotel is. I don't know if it will work with the site you have used but it certainly does on Superbreak and other sites that have secret hotels. Find a phrase that is unusual e.g. "a classical hotel set on a leafy square, central but an oasis of calm" (you get the idea!!) Cut the sentence and paste into Google. Usually the phrase is taken from the hotels own website, hey presto you can find out the hotel. Don't think most websites have caught on to this yest or if they have they don't really care as they are selling their worst rooms anyway.
Have used this on numerous occasions in the UK and Ireland and never been disappointed... you can usually work out the hotel in advance by copying and pasting the first line of the description into Google.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.