General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
you don't say how old your children are...

anyway, if they are younger, i would say Lanzarote Bay in Costa Teguise, ..very kids orientated, good facilities, meals all buffet style..bit his and miss with food but generally good.

If you have older kids, San Miguel beach club in Ibiza..my teens loved it.

My personal favourite.. Taurito Princess in Gran Canaria.. 4* AI, delightful food, great views, quiet resort, excellent for kids of all ages from babies right up the teenagers.. i would say that is the best of the 3, expecially in terms of food...
i know the thought of travelling so far is a thought but its not that bad. some airlines better than others. we went to mexico last year & all loved it(me,hubby & 4 yr old son). kids club was superb.
Thanks for the replies :)
What hotel and resort did you stay at in Mexico? We were looking at Cancun which I think is a 12 hour flight from Manchester. My daughter will be 7 when we travel, so its definately a possibility.
Hi Frenchie

They stayed at the Gran Costa Real :wink:

Pippy :D
we came back from letoonia in fethiye turkey last week and its a lovely place, good entertainment, lovely food, fantastic views all around the hotel, my daughter is 6 and loved it ,cried when we left, its 24 hour all inclusive too and the big bonus a lot of international drinks are included, which i found great, as i dont drink much, but love archers and baileys which you dont normally get on an all inc, they have 3 alacarte restaurants and 3 self service restaurants, its on a pennisula so there is a small area around the whole pennisula to sit and sun bathe, it has its own website too so have a look

http://www.letoonia.com/fethiye/eng/index.html
Frenchie,

Cancun is a 10.5 hour flight from Manchester. We have recently come back from the Iberostar Paraiso Maya on the Mayan Riviera (30 mins from Cancun) available through First Choice or Thomas Cook. This AI hotel was fantastic and I can't recommend it more highly. There are 12 al la carte restaurants to choose from and also a great kids club available from 10am - 8.00pm. There are 4 Iberostar hotels in this resort - the Lindo is slightly cheaper in price and has 4 fewer restaurants to choose from. The Paraiso Del Mar/Beach are the cheapest of the four hotels but the a la carte meals are limited to 6 per two week stay. The buffet restaurants are of a very high stanadard though with an amazing range of choices.

We have come across some good AI family hotels in Turkey (WOW Resort Bodrum, Ephesus Princess in Kusadasi and Hemera in Side) but the al la carte choices are limited to a couple of nights per week and the buffets are poor by comparison to the Carribean.

Good luck with your researching!

Cazz
Frenchie

If you have not booked yet I would recommend Oceania Club in Halkidiki.There are 3 al carte resturants whick you can dine in each once a week.Also a suberb buffet.Great for children.
i couldnt agree more marbeth. we went last may. just booked to Barut lara resort in lara beach turkey. its got fantastic reviewes.it works out a bit cheaper. booked with thomas cook.
:o we went to grida village belek (turkey) food excellent, excellent kids club (thomas cook) people say this is more for russians and germans maybe but there on holiday too, would go back to this hotel tommorow but like to try diffrent holiday resorts but will go back :lol: janet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.