Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Pippa,

Predominately Air Berlin current operate B737's. 300 and 800 series. They also have a massive order in for Airbus B319's. They do operate also AB320 at the moment.

Food generally tends to be a choice of sandwich - witha chocolate bar - free coffee or soft drink - or very reasonably priced drinks at Euro - 1.50 to 3 for alcohol. Head sets available at euro 1.50 (they are quite nice) for IFE which is around 14 radio/music stations. Pre seating available at check in.

Quite frankly, they are a wonderful operator. Enjoy your trip.

Nivsy
Thank you very much.

On the strength of the reviews that they seem to get we are using them 3 times this year to Majorca! If you book early they are so reasonable - this trip was £40 per person return.

I think they are giving Easyjet a run for their money on the Palma route.

Pippa
Pippa, Believe me - they are giving Easy Jet a run for their money in lots of ways - (and FlyGlobespan) and this will increase dramatically!

Enjoy ur flights with them - and dont get too carried away and buy up all the Air berlin merchandise they sell! lol.

Nivsy
I am travelling with AB to Majorca on 12th Feb 06 from Stanstead airport, so I'll let you all know how that goes when I get back. :wave
As Low cost airlines go, you won't get better an AB.
Top class Planes
Straight forward service in the German style
Good information on route
And if you book early the best price.
For me the only bugbear is Stansted but I can put up with it
Flew Stansted to Palma return with Air Berlin

Superb airline - very professional - like flying was a few years back!!

Very comfortable aircraft - made all the more so by the fact it was less than half full. A snack and drink included and a sweet when you board. The best bit - an allocated seat - none of this free for all scrum. And the cost - £40 each return!

We were very early to arrive at Palma airport on the return and the check in desks were not open, however there was a priority boarding desk open and they were quite happy to check us in.

This is how flying should be - even the so called 'no frills airlines'.

Glad to say that we are flying with them again in May and October.

Pippa
I think that check-in desk you used is Air Berlin's "all day" desk. It means that you can check-in any time during the day of your flight . This can be useful if you have to leave you accommodation in the morning, but have a flight leaving in the afternoon or evening. You can nip in to the airport, check in, get rid of your luggage and then have the rest of the day to enjoy yourself, knowing you have been allocated a seat and you are not lumbered with your bags.
It seems that Air Berlin have won the Skytrax award for best low-cost airline.

Thoroughly deserved I say. I don't think we will see the day when either Easyjet or Ryanair win it!!

Pippa
We came back yesterday with AB from Palma and used the early check in facility, thanks for telling us about it Pippa.
We are flying from manchester to stansted late march can anyone inform me do we have to check for 2 hours before our departure. As we are doing a internal flight never done this before (birthday trip).We will be longer waiting at the airport then the flight. Cheers .
Air Berlin have released their winter 2006/2007 flights.

Have booked for Palma in Feb for £48 each. Can't be bad.

Pippa
Air Berlin are exdpected to introduce an improved meal service. Already having a fairly good reputation for food (in terms of a low cost carrier) the German carrier will offer various gourmet meals priced from 7 euros to 15 euros depending on the route. The range will vary from full English Breakfast to veal escalope and steak for evening flight rotations.

Nivsy
Air Berlin launches promotion at Lidl supermarkets

Air Berlin is to sell vouchers for cut-price flights at 390 UK Lidl supermarkets as part of a week-long promotion starting September 5.

Customers can buy £19 vouchers to swap for one-way flights on the low-cost carrier, which flies from five UK airports to 25 destinations in Europe.

Vouchers can be used to purchase any Air Berlin flight up to the value of £69 including taxes and charges from the UK until the end of March, including flights on bank holidays, subject to availability.

Customers simply enter a code printed on the voucher when booking on the airline's website or give the number when booking on the phone.

"We've done this in other countries and it's proved very successful at growing brand awareness," said Titus Johnson, the airline's newly appointed UK country manager

With permission from Travelmole
Air Berlin have now fullyacquired Deutche BA and both networks are expected to be merged soon. Seperate identities are to be maintained but DBA shall be marketed under the Air Berlin brand. Should be good news for new chaep fares within europe and maybe even Russia where DBA have some flights to Moscow.

Nivsy
Have just returned from Palma for the 3rd time with Air Berlin. Once again, a superb flight. There was a short delay of 15 - 20 minutes going out due to one young family getting stuck in the queue through security at Stansted but only actually landed 5 minutes late. 30 minute delay on return due to incoming plane being late - landed just 20 minutes late though. On the return journey whispers were going round that Sid Owen (formerly Ricky in Eastenders) was on the flight - and sure enough there he was - kept himself to himself though!! If Air Berlin is good enough for him then its certainly good enough for me!

We have yet to go on an Air Berlin flight to Palma that is remotely full - nice though when you get 3 seats for 2 of you.

Pippa
The Palma , Majorca hub for Air Berlin shall continue again this winter in a big way.

Between 28 October and late March 2007, over 300 Air Berlin flights will arrive and depart the holiday Island.

The first flights will arrive from German Airports (around 10) early morning, depart less than an hour later back to Germany. In the afternoons around 18 arrivals will land from Germany and Austria, then fly onwards to mainland Spain and Portugal. The aircraft then return to Palma in the evening, then fly onwards to Germany/Austria.

Over 4.5M passengers used Palma with Air Berlin alone during 2006 so far.

Nivsy
Air Berlin have released there flights for summer 2007 although it is only the Palma routes so far.

Nigel
Noticed the other day while passing thru' Glasgow Airport back to Malaga that Air Berlin are utilising the former Germania Fokker 100 aircraft on the route down to Stansted. Are pax loads not that good between GLA-STN?

Nivsy
Air Berlin are in the process of announcing acquisition of well established German operator LTU. It is expected that LTU will remain independent within the group and that LTU will continue seperately - at least for the time being in their smart colour scheme.

LTU operates Airbus 320/321 and 330 aircraft carrying around 5.3 million passengers last year.

To help finance the deal, Air Berlin said it would take on between 190m euros and 200m euros of debt.

Both Air Berlin and LTU are well respected operators and this acquisition will be interesting.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.