Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Hi David ... in addition to any feedback you may attract here in this forum, you may also find some useful info in the BERLIN Q&As topic in our City Breaks forum.

David :wave
How much are they asking given that it will be New Years Eve??

I've just tried your dates in http://www.hrs.com (my first choice agent for Germany) and they have at this moment a 4 star Best Western in Mitte for an average of €100.50 for 3 sharing one room - that's €33 each per night. They want an extra €16 each for buffet breakfast but any decent bakers will do you something lighter for a few euros (bakers in Germany almost always do coffee and open early!). This might be a touch dearer than the hostel but it includes bedding, towels etc.....

They also have some cheaper things than this and a 3 star in Prenzlauerberg (supposedly the coolest area ) at €101 per night for three and €6.67 for the optional breakfast.

If you want to try looking click the link, when it asks how many rooms/people select 1 double/3 adults. At the next stage it asks you to confirm the extra bed. Prices may come up as Sterling conversions but you can change them back to Euro actuals. You can also sort them into price order or distance from centre by clicking the arrow at the top of the column. HRS don't take payment up front, you pay the hotel when you're there. The scores out of 10 are previous customer ratings based on a very thorough questionaire they send out after you've been.
hi david,
i have just joined this forum and glancing through quickly, i noticed your post,with regards to berlin accomodation for new year !! I live in Belgium,and are going to berlin for christmas and new year,we have a motorhome and are staying at the city camp 1 in berlin,they have hotel rooms too at very good prices take a look,this is the website via google city-camping-berlin.de
the site is also in English.from the camp they have a bus service to the city centre.

best regards
Englesman :wave:
I would recommend the Circus Hostel...have stayed there before and can only say good things. It was completely renovated this year too...just had a peep at the website and it looks amazing. As a hostel it has very reasonable prices, and you can even rent out classy penthouse apartments for 140 a night between four. Definitely worth considering - it's a real young persons hostel and has loads going on. They also offer free tours! Plus brill bar downstairs.
Bobby

Welcome to HT. I'm sure someone will find the information you have given useful for a future stay, but as the original post was over a year ago I expect their trip to Berlin is now a distant memory.

Do keep posting though, it's good to have some new members.

Judith
ha oh woops really should have checked that ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.