Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
air malta sale
54 Posts
I've always found that the earlier you book the cheaper the fare
Over last month looked at many flight prices, with add on meals seat places and fuel it all adds up, got good price on Air Malta, but booked with Malta Bargains, it was alot cheaper than direct and all inclusive too! I'm happy because I'm use to to Air Malta, and was gladd I got fixed up with them. :hols
I did notice the b/j leased plane on the air Malta inventory. So no doubt the quality of service will be as good as it always is.
I've noticed that Air Malta are no longer flying from Newcastle, which is really annoying so I checked Malta Bargains and they still offer flights from Newcastle. I think they may be using XL airways though, judging by the flight times. Next time I come to Malta I may try XL. Last flight with Air Malta was certainly a nightmare. We left Newcastle at 12.30 am and got to Malta (after an hour's stop at East Midlands) at 6 am!
Sad news regarding Air Malta's in flight service. It looks as though they are cutting costs and so there is no longer a free alcoholic beverage with your meal :cry Also the price of their alcoholic beverages have rocketed up from £1.00 to £2.50 for beer/wine. What's next :think
I flew from Munich last Monday (6th May) and the service was the same as always, 1 free alcoholic drink. However, I find the fuss made regarding "what food will be served", "What drinks..." etc quite irritating. It's only a couple of hours travelling. Much better to eat before you fly if you feel it necessary - you'll get much better food and served on proper plates with a decent amount of room to eat. Most airline food including that of business/first class is basically junk. After all, on a 2-3 hour train journey who wants/has a sit down meal at their seat?
bloomin' typical,
Germans are getting preferential treatment! does anyone else know of any other countries being offered this preferred treatment :really
Hmmm! :- http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20080511/letters/air-malta-seats
Bloomin typical........I love this site sooo much, just take a deep breath, maybe its on Air Malta charter flights only? or maybe other carriers from Germany offer better in flight service hence little old Air Malta just needing to do the same.........now still keep calm, but maybe it has something to do with..........I'm just going to whisper this....the euro ! :yikes
Jay
Did I miss something.? where did it mention Germans in the letter? Seem to me just a bit of bad luck
Well, having flown on a number of German low cost carriers (Air Berlin, German Wings, TUI), they are leagues ahead of rubbish such as Ryan Air and EasyJet. I think it's a cultural difference where consumers in Germany just wouldn't use the service provided in the UK by the equivalent airlines.

For the Air Malta flight from Munich, I only paid 115 euros return inc taxes and booked the flight only 10 days before I flew. Interesting that the flight left at 12:40 on a Monday and was completely full. I think it's due to the Euro that's not affecting the majority of EU countries since it's such a widespread currency now.
jayjaya,

Charter flights only......no. All air Malta scheduled flights from Manchester charge £2.50 for alcoholic drinks. However if you fly from Munich it would appear that you get a free drink. I do not think it has anything to do with the Euro. Maybe they have had enough of drunken brits on the flights :tup
Theres another thing we need to whisper......drunken Brits.
Being serious though it may be that Air Malta route share with Lufthansa, and its the norm to serve a free drink on German flights............do AM give you a free soft drink or water!!!!!!!!!
otherwise I shall have to do a pit stop in Boots, after security of course
J
Malta bargins (who used to use britishjet) are now only using air malta but if you go on the malta bargains website you can sometimes (especially at short notice) get the same flight from them cheaper than it is on AIr malta website. i have to book flights to malta all of the time for work and there can be a hugh difference. they also do some good priced holidays to.

I think they must book a big block of seats and go from there, abit like a booking agent.
  • Edited by ola 2008-05-29 11:53:30
With regard to the free drink and charges on air Malta, I have been told that if the flight is for BritishJet customers then they charge, even if you booked with Air Malta :que However if the flight is only for Air Malta customers then it's the old pricing system. Does anyone know if this is so? Also Air Malta has been using the XL aircraft with seat pitch being only 28-30 inches!
Has anyone used the web check-in for Air Malta ?

Either to or from the island

Can you pre-select seats either way?

cheers
so it is .............missed that

have you used it ?
can't say I have - last few times I've flown out of Malta with hand luggage only its been with Ryanair, or if Malta Air its been with check-in luggage

I see it only allows you to check-in up to 24 hours ahead, Ryanair is 5 days and I thought that wasn't alot if you are away from a PC
just a case of finding an internet cafe with print facilities for the return trip
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.