Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
CourtneeLouise,

It's difficult to say really as there are so many different roles at an airport that can come under that heading!

Darren
Was the job title hand written or does it look like it came out of a computer?

First thing that springs to my mind is that it should say Airport Groundstaff and there wasn't enough space in the field of the database. Has she been through security vetting to work airside?
Thanks guys, it was an online application. I think it may be airport groundstaff but we were thinking it was just duty free or training for check in. She would be doing 4 days at Bristol Airport and 1 day at college a week. I can't see them letting her work airside that young, can they? :really

She hasn't passed anything to be airside yet because this will be her first job :)
Thanks again
CourtneeLouise
Anything post security is airside, even working in duty free or a food outlet and requires a security pass. Any airport employee needs an ID badge and clearance, that'll be taken care of on the first day I would imagine.

Darren
Oh now i'm being a dummy :duh Sorry, I didn't think duty free / security was airside, now I understand.
Thanks Dazbo that's really helpfull I have a rough idea now. :)

CourtneeLouise
I thought to get clearance to work airside you needed a full CRB check - and that can take weeks! The only company I can find that has a record of apprenticeships at Bristol is Servisair/Globe Ground and they really are Groundstaff - airside with, in and under the planes! They also did a transportation retailing apprenticeship (checkin/ customer services desk) but Grounds wouldn't appear in the title. Doesn't she know what she's applied for or is this a case of teenagers not talking?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.