Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Serena,

We were looking at Christmas. Tried Portland as you suggested. £1342.00. Tried separately with Hotel £547.00 plus flights of £460.00 = £1007.46. Big difference to us so only need to book the transfer.

I suppose maybe different times of the year

Have a nice holiday.

Gail
I wonder if anyone who has been to Paphos recently could tell me if there is still building work adjacent to the hotel.

I have just read a review on the reviews page that said there was building work in October which was disruptive to the rooms on the south side of the hotel.

We have stayed at the hotel before and really love it and its position. I am planning a week there in March but will pay extra, if necessary, for a sea view to avoid any building work.
Hi Mandyc I was at the Alex in november the building work was still going on then it was along at the triangle they were knocking down the soda pop factory.My room was on the other side from this a side sea view. Iam thinking of going in November but would upgrade to a sea view room this is the only thing i can fault with the Alex there is alot of noise in the side sea view rooms. colin
We trying to find out whether it is better to go for a standard full sea view or a cabana.

Has anyone stayed in the Cabana and are they okay. The price for both of them seems the same but the Cabanas do seem to be bigger with more space for sunbathing.

Gail
Hi Gail

I've read quite a few complaints about the cabanas rooms at the Alexander the Great; specifically about ant problems and also that people were expcting them to be nicer but they weren't...

We stayed in an ocean view room, which I can highly recommend.

Have a look at the reviews on this site before making up your mind: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g190384-d291037-Reviews-Alexander_The_Great-Paphos.html

U2fan
Thanks U2fan

A superior sea view room for us then.

Gail
You won't be disappointed Gail! If you want to PM me your email address, I'll email some photos of the hotel/view from the rooms.

U2fan
We got back from the Alex on 7th August and we just opted for an inland view. Even with 2 adults and a child in a fold up bed the room was plenty big enough. We did actually get a bit of a side sea view and our room was actually on the same side of the hotel as we were 12 years ago when we stayed at the Alex for our wedding. We were more than happy with our room but they had added a few little extras as they knew we had been before. I personally wouldn't pay more for a sea view as we spent very little time in the room apart from getting ready for a night out and sleeping. The hotel and Paphos are lovely.

Mandy
The standard rooms are very nice, preferably not on the ground floor though. I don't think I'd pay extra for sea view considering the amount of time you spend in your room, although it is nice to sit on the balcony in the evening while waiting for someone to get ready :roll: It's a nice hotel in a good location.

Darren
Is Alexander the great hotel disabled friendly. Ramp at entrance and no steps around pool etc. Husband uses mobility scooter. Looking to travel in April. Thanks :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.