Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
ALPHAROOMS
14 Posts
Hi oldies ive booked with alpha rooms for the last couple of years and have had no problems :D
i used them at christmas they rang me up the day before we were leaving to ask what time our plane would arrive so they could let the hotel know. We asked if we could have rooms next to each other which we got, and our heating worked lovely where other people were complaining i think they had gone with a travel agent, so i would give thumbs up for alpha rooms.
We had a holiday from hell through them Christmas 2005.I contacted Ros and got all our money back.
Thanks to you all for replys,i suppose it's swings and roundabouts.
oldies weve used them about 4 times now and found them brilliant and very efficient.

I made a stupid error in my booking and when I rang the Sales person was efficiency and helpfulness itself.............and sorted it out immediately.

Weve booked this year again with them for the summer, of course we are not saying nothing could go wrong, but on our past experience I would have no hesitation in recommending them.
tooties Thank you put my mind at rest,i understand things can go wrong but most people seem to find them very good.
Oldie,before you book I would research your hotel/apartment.The hotel we went to in Portugal was not used by any British holiday company and was like a building site.Worse still it was in a resort that was closed for the winter.I did some research before I went and it seemed OK.Even Portugese tour companies werent using this place because of the building work.
jaytrip. I know exactly where i want to stay,and know it well,i was just a bit worried as we have always gone on a package holiday,so at least you know you have a safe booking.I was going to try a diy so we could fly from our local airport but was a bit unsure about the safety of booking.
It you know your hotel you should be fine.I have used Med hotels a few times and had no complaints, it was just Alpha rooms denied it was their problem.Thats why I contacted Ros.
Hi Oldies.

I have booked 5 times through Alpharooms and like yourself was a little apprehensive at having nobody in resort the other end to help me out if the need should arise. :(

I couldnt fault the first 3 holidays booked through them, some of the hotels they use do not have any other british tour operators at the hotel so maybe german or other orientated in the way of entertainment/food. (This doesn't bother us as we go self catering and go out every evening to try a new place.) :wink:

Last year I booked in January to go to Bouganvilla in Sa Coma for 6 of us staying in a 2 bedroomed apartment for a week in August. I was very suprised when I recieved an email from them late in may to say that the complex had been over booked and they had no 2 bedroomed apartments available. :shock: They offered us 2 studios at the same complex and £100.00 compensation, but I didnt want studios as some reviews had said they were tiny, they offered a few other hotels I could choose from but for one reason or another due to location from the beach or how quiet the resort was, neither option was satisfactory.
As time was fast approaching and we still had the flights already booked I emailled the sales team with a few of the hotels we would be prepared to stay at. I can only assume that these properites were not offered to us by Alpharooms as it would cost more to stay there than we had originally paid. However after a few days of conversations back and forth between the hotel, Alpharooms and myself, Alpharooms allowed us to have 2 one bedroomed apartments at the Sol Alcudia Centre at no extra charge to ourselves. When I checked the prices on this I would have had to pay an extra £300.00 on top of the original price of the holiday to have stayed there myself.
Although I was annoyed in the first instance that the hotel had been overbooked, I was more than satisfied with the outcome. :D
Glad to hear that everything worked out ok in the end. Its a real co-incidence that you actually put that post on because I have only today been researching on different sites some complexes in Sa Coma. The Bouginville (spelling!) was one of them and just today Ive read hundreds of reviews on them over the last 2 years.

To be fair on Alpharooms, many many of the reviews on these apartments - even those booked with large Tour Operators, arrived to find they only had a studio instead of 1 bedroom or 1 bedroom instead of 2 etc etc.

This problem happened as they arrived to check in, so this seems to be a BIG problem with this particular complex. In all fairness to Alpharooms, even though it was a hassle for you, at least they let you know before you travelled, rather than like those others who hadnt the chance to do anything about it. Seems to me like its the fault of the Bouginville as much as anyone as its been mentioned in nearly every review on the site I was using, and they were with different travel companies.
I booked our holiday through Alpharooms last year and couldn't fault them at all, would definately recommend them :D

Hiya toots :wink: xx
Thanks for all relpies
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.