EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
To get any sort of help from the local police you are going to have to get to the top dog and tell them that if they dont do anything you are going to publicise it in foreign press and newspapers and send it back to the tourism minister here in Turkey. Always ask for the name and number of the policeman/men you deal with and make sure they see you writing it down- this tends to focus their attention. That way you may well get some action, if its made public and affects tourist income they tend to act as happened here in Antalya where there was a mugging/pickpocket problem a while back when it got publiscised it got sorted. Hope you didnt get too much damage and can put it behind you.
thankyou for your information, its much apriciated, i'm starting this tonight
there is a turkish forum with quite a number of members that have bought in altinkum, perhaps you can post your warning there as well

turkishestateagents.com/forum
It would be a good idea to publicise as this will then push police presence into the area and provoke police action so any one who has a problem make sure its known about and copy it to Brit consulate and turkish Tourism minister if you want something to happen.
try emailing the tourism ministry in Ankara. Turkey still functions on the higher you go the more the S**t will decend!
Was this a forced entry though the window or front door?
View previous topic :: View next topic
i_love_turkey
One Star Member

22 HTPoints

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:59 am Post subject: BREAK IN'S in Altinkum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just a word of warning, my apartment was broken into last night, my neighbour has just telephoned me from turkey, and im on the 1st floor (not the ground floor), im fuming!!
t.v digi box has been stolen, the turkish police were called and said "it was probably a insurance job' ha ha very funny i thought......we arn't all out to make a buck!!, more like the turkish police dont like admitting how many burglaries are going on at the moment, i was out in altinkum 3 weeks ago and there was 4 burglaries i heard of by just talking to a few english ex-pats and that was in one week, one of the burglaries was just at the corner of my street, and 2 were apartments near dolphin square.
i know of 2 families moving back to england because of it, very sad.
just wanted to let the Altinkum community know.
has anyone else heard of any burglaries in alltinkum, because im going to start a news spread about this ? exactly how many are going on and how often etc, because this issue is being covered up and it needs sorting out.

pebo
New User...

2 HTPoints

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:57 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes i heard of a couple last year and was told that the culprits would be travelling gypsies.
If the problem is as bad as you say then yes it needs addressing quickly.

It would be very sad to have to start fitting burglar alarms and the like but if thats what it takes i guess it would have to be considered.

Sylv
New User...

4 HTPoints

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:17 pm Post subject:

We also have property in Altinkum and heard of a few breakins last year, and we got grills fitted, dont like them but if they help

mrst
Two Star Member

134 HTPoints

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:38 pm Post subject:

When we visited Kusadasi last october with a view to buying there or Altinkum, we met a Turkish guy. Anyway when we told him we were going to view in Altinkum he laughed and said because it was closed for all the winter it was well known that gangs go there on the rob. That in itself wasn't the reason we bought elsewhere but it was certainly food for thought. Hope it works out for everyone and the police get their act together. It's bad enough being burgled when you are nearby and can deal with it but miles away is a nightmare.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.