Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
What's brought us back for over 20 years? The people and the food. :ghug
What would we change? Better flight times over the whole 12 months. :fly
worse thing..... no problem... means there bloodywell is.....
best thing ..... the weather.... something you can rely on
I would change nothing, It's perfect the way it is, As for flight times use British Airways get ripped of more :lol: Flights that arrive in Turkey in the evening and small hours of am are actually cheaper for the Airlines than it is during the day. that tells you something.
first time in turkey and im hoping to head back next year as the people and the frienndlyness of everyone out there and the sun sea and its better than England!!!dont ting ive got a worst thing?????
chelsea boy you are bang on right :D
Turkey is fab... so much is fab, too much to post!

The only slight thing i would change is that it is a 2hr transfer... oh and the place closes at the end of oct... i would like to go in winter too!

love nikki xx
I would agree with you nikki about the 2hours transfer and why do they have to stop on the way for a break all you want to do is get there!!
Some people like to smoke some people need the Loo, If no one left the Bus they would soon return to drive the final 45 minutes.
Worst thing - prices at the Airport and length of transfer.

Best thing, Weather, people, food, day trips, night life, friendliness, I could go on and on, but I think we all love everything about Turkiye.

TC
yeh but come on most people just like to get there after a long flight??we had toilet on our bus to but then im not a smoker!!
Im not eithier and would prefer if the Bus just continued its Journey, But next time you stop have a look at the Bus driver and the Tour rep when they go for something to eat or drink, They dont have to pay for their's,lol.
Think our rep had abit to drink to...
Worst thing for me is Turkish price and tourist price, also ripping people off is fairly common.

I cant pinpoint the best thing, its a combination of things that make Turkey unique and a fabulous place to visit.
The best thing about Turkey for me -- the day we get there :D
The worst thing about Turkey for me--the day we go home :cry:
i think perrydog has hit the nail in the head!!!!! :lol:
The best things are:-
The friendliness of the turks themselves,The constant sun,the free Pedalos,Free Canoes,Free Internet in hotels,Efes,and the food overall.
The worst things are:-
The treatment of the stray dogs and cats,Bodrum airport rip-off food prices,Tourist prices and turk prices,Haggling,Market traders body odour etc.

The good certainly outweighs the bad and I wouldn't go anywhere else!!
i forgot about the b.o. eww!! :lol:
What perrydog says is exactly how i feel . :)

Bluepeterno1
Favourie place = Olu Deniz
Worst place = Marmaris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.