Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Can't

Maybe not the reply you were looking for, but I would never go A/I in Turkey as you miss out on the local flavour IMHO.

Wherever you do choose, I am sure you will have a lovally time.

From a confirmed DIY'er.
if you want a great A/i but still around the shops, bars and local flavour go to olu deniz and check out the A/Is there . Theres the Club sun city, olu deniz resort or belcekiz beach hotel. check out the reviews :D . all central in the resort . been to belcekiz this year. fabulous :D :D
the best all inc we stayed in was letoonia in fethiye, although the best hotel we have stayed at in turkey was lykia world full board +

the worst all inc we have stayed in are pink palace hisaronu and marmaris palace between marmaris/icmeler, both mainly due to dreadful food quality and choice
Best AI in Turkey we have been to is the Belcekiz Beach in Olu Deniz. FAB hotel, reviews back this up.

Worse had to be the Magico Bronzo in Ovacik. 3 star it is not. Very basic, almost falling down!!!! Beware!!!

Also did not enjoy the Pegasos Palace much as an overall holiday. The hotel is beautiful, pools etc but it was SO boring, nothing to do in the evenings unless you like amateur entertainment and no where to go out of the complex. Felt like id been in an institution after 2 weeks, went stir crazy!!!
susien strangely the pink palace and magico bronzo are owned by the same person ,think that says it all lol
Best A/I we have stayed in were ( not in any particular order)

Club Letoonia Fethiye

Titanic Lara Beach

Concorde Resort Lara Beach

Bodrum Princess Turkbuku

Pine Bay holiday resort Kusadasi

The worst was Queen Elizabeth suite and Spa in Kemer, supposed to be 5+2 stars. It was awful!!!!!

Denny
Ellie_meg

I know they are!!!! And the sleasy entertainer who was at M Bronzo in Oct went to work at the P Palace this summer, and got sacked for touching up a young girl!!!! Didnt suprise me at all!!

if it was a last min bargain and it was something like £160 AI for a week, I would still go to either of them, cos I could afford to eat out and just use the hotel for AI drinks and a bed. But if it was my main summer hol, I would be gutted if i ended up in either of them!!! :?
Thanks to everybody for your replys.

I was going to the wow bodrum resort, but going to cancel that and I have booked for the hemera resort & spa side. very good reviews on all sites and refurbished this year. The wow bodrum looked in need of a refurb but my daughter and boyfriend are coming now, the wow bodrum cost to much paying for 5, there goes my 50" plasma tv :?
Belcekiz Beach is the best and Olu deniz resort the worst
Stayed at the Belcekiz Beach when it was half board so cant coment on the AI but the Olu Denuiz Resort was fab. So much so that my boss goes every year and we have booked for June next year. We have been before and found the food to be totally amazing and there is now a second pool which I admit they did need. I believe it is also Ultra All Inclusive now as well, we have stayed at Sun City (good) but the food wasnt as good as Olu Deniz Resort and they seem to have ice cream on offer most of the day, in fact it seemed to be food 24/7 if you wanted it. There is now an adults only pool which seems a good idea. Honestly, we thought the Olu Deniz Resort was superb, all boils down to taste and horses for courses. Each to his own, and one mans meat is another poison etc. :D
Have stayed at the Munamar in Icmeler and that is really nice as well. Only trouble is that no UK operator does that hotel anymore after this year, and only Thomas Cook has sent people there this year. I dont know why. :?: :?: :?:
.Hello JuicyJuse,

My friend has just come back from Icmeler, she always stays in the Munimar except for this year. She went in to see the Managerment who told her that Thos.Cook is no longer one of their operators. The hotel has been sold.

Thomas Cook however have now gone into Aqua Hotel which will be AI as from next year.
I have contacted the hemera who has confirmed they have international branded gin, vodka, barcardi, ect as part of the A/I. Brought a smile to my face.

Anybody been to the hemera and it is their best A/I.
olu deniz resort, ultra all inclusive means bar open till 2am or until they feel like closing, and you get a fridge and water in your room.

stayed this year, not a patch on the belcekiz , where we stayed previous 2 years, it was lacking the final touch. If i was to go AI again, even though the free bar finishes at 12, I would go Belcekiz,
also ice cream is available twice a day at olu deniz resort, not all day, and snacks are available for about half an hour after the main restaurant closes and during, whilst available, very much when its gone its gone, I dont wish to eat all day, but , if you have been out, come back around 3pm, there is no food until evening meal apart from cakes at 4pm ( fact )
we spent a mint eating out. nothing particularily bad about the food, nothing good, if you was paying per night, you would eat there once maybe twice.

drinks quite varied, even local brandy, the bar was good.
The best all inclusives are in my opinion in the antalya region of turkey!!
We stayed at the hemera 7 years ago and had a brilliant time but now that they have installed lifts and refurbished it I think it will be worth a return visit. They had some international brands of spirits but kept them under the bar but if you asked for them you got the branded bacardi etc but they had a limited choice of drinks.
The sister hotel is a superb hotel the Barut Lara in Lara beach but it is a 5 star and the hemera at present a 4 star. We went at easter 2006 and are going again in april 2008. The Delphin Palace also in Lara is on a par to it but is a different style of hotel very over the top luxury compared with the contempory style at the Barut.We are returning to the delphin in August next year. The thing is these hotels are going to have spoiled us for anything else on offer elsewhere!! We stayed at the Limak Lara this august and that was excellent and we would return there in the future.
We are considering the hemera for next Xmas as I would like to see it now with all the changes.

I keep reading about all the bad all-inclusives in say bodrum and marmaris but if you want quality you have to pay for it and it is no surprise that people are let down.

The worst we have had in Turkey was in bodrum , drinking cheap drinks and eating mediocre food but we were not ill or anything and the views were superb but we prefer our luxuries.

We have also had wonderful all-inclusives in Mexico at the Rui Tequilla and the Playa Costa Verde in Cuba but our worst holiday by far was to Cayo Guillermo last xmas at the Iberostar Daiquiri and after a move to the equally awful Sol Cayo Guillermo so we are happy to stick with one of our favourite countries Turkey for the forseeable future!!
I forgot to say in my post that all the hotels that i mentioned in lara are 24 hour all-inclusives and the delphin Palace and the Limak Lara have free room service from midnight until the early hours, at the delphin you could get beer wine soft drinks and hot beverages included but just food at the limak ( not a problem as you could nip down in the lift to get drinks for the room) and all the hotels have mini bars topped up daily with water, beer and soft drinks.

We have booked a suite next year at the Barut and you get 24 hour room service and the mini bar includes miniture spirits and you have free dvd and cds to use in the room which has a dvd player and cd player. ( all the rooms have the dvd and cd players and you can hire films at the newsagents in the lobby) there is a private lounge for suite guests with self service bar in there and you have free use of 2 laptops and internet access, You have your beds turned down each evening and your room is attended to twice a day and no standing in line to book the restaurants your guest services lady in the lounge does it for you and you get a free facial per room included, now that is an all inclusive and it has not cost that much more to upgrade to the suites. The food and choice of al a cartes at each hotel is excellent, the barut even has a pattiseria with the most amazing gateauxs and a wonderful choice of ice creams available for about 6 hours daily! You are spoilt for choice.
You even get bathrobes and slippers at the Barut regardless of which room you are in and robes at the delphin palace
regards violet
Violet, I agree with you whole heartedly about the all-inclusives on Lara Beach. We have stayed at the Concorde and Titanic (both true 5* quality) and are going to Delphin Palace in Oct. and Larespark in May. We have got these holidays at fantastic prices. If these hotels were in London for example we would simply not be able to afford to stay in them, they would be far to expensive. Denny
I am paying for 5 people so the lara beach hotels are just a little too expensive for me. Maybe I will try them in the future when it is just me and my wife. But what is there to do at lara beach area.
Violet - does the Barut Lara have waterslides?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.