Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I would suggest Icmeler as it ticks all of the boxes apart from the lack of a sandy beach!
Hi Stebe,

I too would suggest Icmeler. I do not find the beach that bad, shingly but the sea is lovely, which is more important to me.

I have been to Cyprus 3 times but Turkey wins. I have friends who were Greek fanatics until they visited Icmeler - they have not mentioned Greece since, they are trying Ol Denix this year.

I would also reccommend the boat trips from the beach, a great day, Also plenty of day trips available to keep you occupied, no chance you will be bored.

Barb
Altinkum is fantastic,I've been 8 times there,although not since 1998. Great boat trips,nightlife and beach,beach tends to get packed in high season though.

Icmeler is great too, was there last August,only small things i wasn't keen on but it wouldn't stop me going back is the cheesy,ancient music that gets played in every bar,every night,Cha Cha slide,Macarena, Saturday night that kind of thing,also Icmeler music stops in bars etc at midnight although you can carry on drinking for another couple of hours.

I also liked Alanya,that might be worth looking at.
Altinkum is great we have been 12 times. It has something for everyone we go twice each year mormally. My daughter and her friends also go every year they are all in their 20s but, the grandparents also come with us and they are in their 70s. Where ever you go have a great time.
Fethiye doesnt have a sandy beach, but I think you would like the town itself. There is a beach nearby at Calis, kind of shingly and also the beach at Olu Deniz.
Thanks for all the advice. I was kind of hoping you would all recommend the same resort and make it easy for me! I think I'll see which resort I can get the best deal and go for that. Thanks again.

Steve
In personal reference I'd say Marmaris/Icmeler for the restaraunts and nightlife! There is a whole strip of bars on the seafront from Marmaris and linking in with Icmeler and the atmosphere is A+!

I've been Marmaris/Icmeler 8 times and I can't fault it at all!

Good Luck booking!
Did you book anything yet Steve-mcr?

I would go for Icmeler for the bars and restaurants part of it, not for the beach as it is shingly. Also agree with the other poster
about Alanya, has everything and lovely beach, plus history.
Nothing booked yet. The prices seem to have shot up this weekend - don't know if its because its easter and the travel companies know most people are off work and will have more time to look at booking somewhere. Maybe I'm just being cynical! Hopefully get something done within next week or so. Thanks again for the advice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.