Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
if you could keep going you could stay later...

the last train is 01:30 but there are later buses! see http://www.connexxion.nl/reisplanner/dienstregeling/lijn/M200? they leave from outside the same station and go direct to Schiphol (Plaza stop) missing out the city centre. €5 single.
Cheers for that Steve! I'll compare the price of the return train fare to return bus fare. Depends how long the bus takes to get us from the airport in the morning, we want to be at the venue as early as possible and I believe the train takes sixteen minutes. doesn't matter how long it takes to get back to the airport though.
they don't offer return discounts on short trips like these, the return train ticket saves using two machines but is only valid same day and your return journey is next day.

according to their national transport site (which works occasionally!!) from Schiphol to Bijlmer Arena single on the train is €3.50 (from a machine, there is a service charge if you buy at the desk), takes about 15 minutes on a direct train. On the day bus is €3.26, takes about 30 minutes the day bus route is 300 http://www.connexxion.nl/reisplanner/dienstregeling/lijn?ID=M300&Richting=2
I did wonder about the next-day travel. I know in the UK tickets are usually valid until 2am the following day.

You've been a great help Steve, really appreciate your advice!
Heads up for those going on a low-cost airline flight outwith the Schengen Zone. (Such as coming back here)

Your held in Lounges 2-3 until 40 mins before the flight departs. This means that you are running to make the gate for "gate closing" on the boarding pass because of queues.
Thanks for the warning Helenllama. I'm transitting through Schiphol in 7 weeks so will bear that in mind.

Darren
It's only pier H at the moment.
And some (very few) low cost flights are going from the regular piers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.