Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Sliema2 wrote:
Palm Court ? :rofl
Good choice :tup , The sea view is round the main swimming pool.
Pippa,

What's wrong with the Palm Court?? :que

Seriously though, if the Coastline Management are looking into alternatives for you I'd certainly wait to see what they come up with - you just might be pleasantly surprised!

Trev
O.K. Qawra Palace Hotel. Sea views, nicely refurbished. Pleasant staff. Easy to find, Can,t go wrong. All the best, Dave.
Stayed there 13 years ago on our first visit to Malta - lovely views from our room. Not too keen on going their now though as I feel the Coastline is a much better hotel and has probably spoilt us.

I am sure that Island hotels will try and find as good if not better than the Coastline - might be difficult but I am sure they will do their best.

The Coastline is now on the Saga site - but at a price on all inclusive only - it would appear that they are dropping the Cavalieri from September.

I wouldn't mind one of the Corinthia hotels in St Julians but they are rather expensive and not easy to book. Stayed at the Jerma Palace in Marsascala several years ago but that has now closed.

Pippa
We saw the Cavalieri many years ago back in the 80s and never ever went to look at it until last year. Nice hotel but not for us and I think I know why Saga have stopped using it.

Apparantly you were able to book the Cavalieri only through Saga, which ruled out us staying there as a family!! However, when I said we liked to visit in August I was told that the hotel was only available to Italian tourists then, who used it exclusively during that month every year. I found that quite bizarre that we Brits were banned from this hotel during probably the best holiday month, but our pensioners were then welcome presumably only when they knew that their favourite Italian guests wouldn't want to be there! I always thought that everyone in the EU was to be treated equally but this behaviour by this hotel makes a complete mockery of this idea doesn't it? :que

Needless to say as Brits there's no way we'd ever feel comfortable about staying at this hotel and I'm hardly surprised that Saga will stop using them from next September!!

Trev
Hello Pippa, the Waterfront Hotel in Sliema always looks nice, not that I have stayed there. Two hotels I can say not to go to are The Park Hotel and The Kennedy Nova Hotel both in Sliema I have been to both and they are not up to there 4 star rating.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.