Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have never stayed in Sarigerme, but have visited a couple of times. The only people we saw in the village were about half a dozen or so who had strolled from the all inclusive hotel. We like quiet places but think this may be too quiet. This was in the daytime so can't comment on what the evenings would be like, but would imagine it's not really for a SC or B&B holiday.
Random Number,

You might find members resort reports for Sarigerme useful.

Darren
I don't know too much about Sarigerme but as far as I am aware it is in the middle of nowhere and there is only really a big AI hotel there.

Have you thought about Turunc? It is fairly quiet and laid back with some nice restaurants and a couple of bars. When we went we stayed at a lovley apartment but it was abit of a walk out of the resort so probably wouldn't suit your mother. I think there is someone on this site who has an apartment to rent there or could recommend some other accomodation.
If you like Akyaka and Dalyan I'm sure you'd also like Turunc as Kedi says. We have had holidays in Akyaka and Dalyan and now have an apartment in Turunc. They are our three favourite places in Turkey! All very beautiful.
Our apartment is not available at the time you are going but is in a rural area about 5 to 10 minutes walk down a track into the village, so probably not suitable for your mother anyway if she is not too mobile. However there are lots of small family run, friendly apartment complexes in the village - Burak and Rose apartments are very popular.
Have a look at our website for some pictures of the area. If you are interested I can put you in contact with our agent who looks after several lovely private apartments and may have something that would suit you.
Although we haven't been to Sarigerme I think its a purpose built resort, nothing like Akayaka or Dalyan.
Thank you for the responses.

I don't mind it laid back and Turkish (not into karaoke and dancing waiters!) but people are making it sound very quiet. Presumably there are a few restaurants to choose from? We certainly don't want to go AI.

Regarding Turunc, I've been there about half a dozen times on various day trips over the years and it's never really grabbed me as somewhere I would want to stay for a fortnight. Plus it's quite a long way from the airport, so it isn't really top of my list.

Cheers.
we stayed at the holiday village last year in Sarigerme and went into village twice it consists of 1 street and market on sunday very very quiet
Thank you iloveholidays1703.

Maybe it might be just that bit too quiet for us then.

Anyone got some more alternative suggestions?

Cheers.
It does have a market (Once/Twice? a week) and that is quite big. A couple of jewellers, a few resturants/bars and and few tour companies. We enjoyed the village when we went to the holiday viallge. Sarigerme Tours were the best. While it is quiet, I thought it was a welcome change from the hotel. Each to thier own as I have learnt by being addicted to these forums, months before I actually go to the holiday! But if I wanted an very quiet holiday, I would go again, the actual beach for Sarigerme is accessable wia a tractor ride from the village and the beach there is very nice, unlike the not too perfect sandy beach at the holiday village. How cheap we found the tours, I would go on 4 of them during a 7 day holiday and that way, I know I would have the best of all worlds.
After mulling this over some more we've decided to use the flights to arrange a two centre holiday split with a week each in Akyaka and Dalyan (we're familar with both of these).

I also saw a reasonable deal for Bitez (our first time, but from reports it sounds as though it should be ok for us) and have now booked that for earlier in the year. So that's our 2010 holidays sorted.

Maybe we'll look at Sarigerme again sometime in the future.

Cheers.
Dalyan is very nice and am sure you will have a great time.
Sounds like you will have a great couple of holidays. Bitez is lovely, I'm sure you will enjoy it there.

Kedi :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.