Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
not sure where Ortaca is but would be interested to find out, we fly on the 18th May aswell
where are you flying from ?
hi we fly from newcastle. I think Ortaca is the nearest town to sarigerme.
will be good to find out - see you there
Hi, Sarigerme is actually closer to Dalaman. Everyone thinks Dalaman is just an airport, but it is a rural farming town, with a larger population than Ortaca and is also set up for the tourists even though it is a farming town. Some great restaurants and many people speak English.

I'm not knocking Ortaca, its a lovely Turkish Town.

I would recommend visiting both.

Dalaman market is on a Thursday
Ortaca market is on a Friday

Cheers
Martin
Thanks for the info. Never thought of travelling into dalaman. Can you get a bus from the holiday village or would we have to go by taxi. would be good to have a look around market day. Do you know whether you get a lot of hassle there like in bodrum ect?
Hi, you can get a dolmus or taxi from Sarigerme to Dalaman. The market is great, rural farming town, no hassle. The NAR Restaurant is worth a visit for lunch or dinner, great food.

Cheers
Martin
Dalaman definately worth a visit. As said market day is Thursday and you can walk the main streets with no hassle at all. You can get a great shave in one of the barbers for about 3 or 4 pound which includes a massage in the chair as part of it. Restaurants wise, Sigla and Sofra are both great a cheap places to eat. Sigla is great if you have young children as they have some toy ride on cars some battery operated and some pedal ones. You eat outside in the shade of trees and the children can merrily ride the cars around the paths inside the outer walls. There is also a park right next door.

Any other information you want just ask as i have an appartment there and am back out there the end of next week.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.