Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Antalya
33 Posts
i would think the best way is to go one way. Then when you decide to come home buy another ticket. The open ticket would be expesive.
Worth bearing in mind that most flights to Antalya are charter flights. You won't get an open ended charter ticket. They are usually sold for set number of nights 7/10/14 etc.

One way is an option, or just buy a return and don't use your return ticket. See which works out cheapest. just had a quick look on XL.com who do a lot of Turkey flights. In July random days they have one way £195 or return £175. You will probably find this the case most of the time. Charter airlines don't often like to sell one way tickets. Eg, they sell a return they know they've got someone there and back. With one way, it will be hard to fill that seat Antalya-UK.

My advice would be, if you can get a good one way deal then take that, but you'll probably find a return just as good, so take that. just don't use the return, you'll have no problem getting on a flight back towards the end of the season.
Thanks for ur help. See i will be flying from Dublin so it's going to work out expensive because there is only one flight out to Antalya every week. Hopefully i can get a flight only from them. But if not i will have to fly to England first probably Manchester because Ryanair fly there. I flew out to Antalya in October through Manchester and it worked out very expensive. I can't remember the exact price but it wasn't really worth it. Well it was cause i got to go to my lovely apartment in Alanya.
i think the return charter ticket would be best if it is possible. It will work out expensive if you are transfering through Manchester.
Do you know were the cheapest flights go from and then i'll check out if Ryanair fly there :)
Its a bit of a round about way, and may be a little complicated and will mean a bit of a search - but there are always people willing to try it for you I bet even if you do not have the time. Could always get a Ryan Air cheapy to Stansted, then use Air Berlin via say Dusseldorf and then on to Antalya. (spelling mistake i know) lol. Probably can do it in a day, watching out for connection times...mainly with Ryan air to Stansted. Air Berlin are really good. The Air Berlin web site will give you a few options for flights from German airports. All in Euros which may suit you from ireland. The added advantage is that you can get one way flights....probably every day of the week!

Nivsy.
the disadvantage is three carriers and high prices to that solution but its worth looking at all the same.

Good suggestion.
Hey thanks for the advise but the thought of so many connections sparks the word nervous breakdown!lol! I nearly went mad with my connection in Manchester it is so much better a direct flight but i think i'll have to connect thru England this time again.
Do ya know what is annoying bout the connections having to check in or carrying ur bags around the airport.. Lol Or maybe walking from terminal1 to terminal2 in Manchester lol that was so far...
I know. Connections suck sometimes. Altho' Air berlin are quite kool, cos provided you buy a through ticket they actually check your bags all the way through to final destination. Oh if only Ryan air and Sleazy Jet could do the same....but hey i know the arguements why they dont!

Nivsy.
i cannot really think of any other way you could do it than those suggested

just for the record,
an example flight in;

Dublin - London Gatwick

£25.00 ryanair

2/7/05 July with XL.com from Gatwick

£209.00 one way

Total for this example : £234.00
I actually have never flown with Ryanair now thinking of it we connected to Manchester with AerLingus flight cause it was the only one that worked with our flight to Antalya but still we'd to go into Manchester City cause we were waiting hours. Lol i wasn't complaining i got some fab clothes for the holiday in all the shops i love the shopping in England..
£234 wonder how much that is in euro i'll just go and work it out or easier way go to google and get a converter :wink:
that's 333.10 euro not so bad actually :wink:
and thats in July when its height of the season. But i hear that flights are more expensive in low season or off season... :?
it just depends what flight times and so on but 333 isnt bad.
It's actually reasonable enough.. but i think flight only is about €379 direct from Ireland so that extra few euro will probably be worth it in the end.
which airline is the direct flight with?
If you can get yourself to Manchester for 8th May there is a flight to Antalya for £110.57 per person and returning 5th September.

Now thats what I call a bargain.

John
Oh my god that is brilliant and also the date back is so suitable but im not finished college until the 14th :(
Depart Manchester 15th May return 5th September £110.57

Depart Manchester 22nd May return 5th September £145

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.