EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Try the forum at
turkishliving.com
Hi!

We have just bought in Yesilkent near Altinkum and all I can say is see lots of properties before you make a decision.

We went on holiday for two weeks and my Hubby spent four days with different agents and saw about 40 properties. Choose your location carefully - remember if you decide to rent out your Turkish property most people prefer no more than about 90 mins transfer time.

Also consider the market - has it peaked in that area - how well do re-sales sell there - whats nearby etc. You have to bear all this in mind for when you come to move on.

We had never been to Altinkum before but we did a lot of research into which areas were on the up and would be our best bet for a good investment - so chose to holiday there as we felt that with the plans for a new airport road and a proposed new marina - this hopefully would give us a good return in 5-10 years time. Would be even better if Turkey joined the EU as well!!

From the actual shaking on the deal with our builder and signing at the lawyers office took an hour! It was brilliant. Make sure you read up on what will happen before you go.

If you have any questions please ask. Im going back on Monday to make sure all my furniture, curtains and white goods have arrived - I cant wait!!

Joolz

:wink:
Thankyou for your replies turkishliving has loads of information on all subjects relating to turkey it has been very helpful
Gail & Rod
Hi Rod and Gail

This forum has lots of info on house purchase in Turkey.
We put all sorts of posts on here regarding that. we have purchased in Bodrum.

do a search using the search button at the top of this page. Narrow the serch down to Turkey and ex-pats forums, you will find lots of stuff !!

Our advice...........RESEARCH RESEARCH AND MORE RESEARCH

There are lots of pit falls.......... you need to find someone that you KNOW you can trust !

Ask lots of questions on here !!!!

Good luck
Geoff and Olya
i suggest you also check out Absolutely Altinkum forum. they have a lot of great knowledge for all.
Gail and Rod if you have had a trawl through TLF and mymerhaba you should find my post's on both cost of living and on health insurance also various advice on buying etc. But if you would like further advice PM me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.