Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Come on you lot, its not a ghost town is it?
Top Irish spot --
http://www.thedublinersantaponsa.com

Sorry reading too fast -- thought of Irish first :oops:
Calm down, Liz, calm down.

We're not hanging on here waiting for questions to answer.

1) Irish Bars - Mrs Doyle's in Magalluf - proper Irish Bar with live Music most nights with Mick Cormican (alias Mick the Fidler) very good - should be you first port of call.

2) Live Bands - not as such. Most bands are tribute bands - Beatles, Queen etc, but few (if any) are what you would call Live (as in they all play their instruments)

Alexanders has a duo called Hoochie or Hootie, who play instruments, but to backing tracks, they do indie etc, and Bobby's Bar (a plastic Irish Bar) occasionally have the Raggle Taggle Gypsies, who are excellent, but I haven't heard of them lately, so not sure.

A lot of bars have "suspended" Live Entertainment for now, since the current age group is not suited to Live Entertainment, but this all changes in September when there will be many many bars putting back on entertainment for the slightly older age group which tends to be here in September and October.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Adam
Thanks Goodfellow

I am impatient I know!!
Your advise is great cheers for that I will be heading of to Mrs Doyles whilst there.

Whats on in your bar and would there be a free drink for 8 thirsty scousers? We would put a bit behind the bar.(cheeky arn't I) Do you have Sky sports?

Also have you been to The House Of Katmundo? Whats it like if you have been?

How far are you from the Sol Mag Park and Mrs Doyles is it that way?

Haven't been to Magaluf since 1996 will I see much differance do you think?
We stayed at the Guadaloupe then and the kids where only small, we was going home of a night when all the rest where just going out, but not this time, the Oldest Swingers in Town have grown up kids now!!

Cheers Liz.
Hi Liz

I try and answer any queries I see on here that I might be able to help with, but try to avoid plugging the bar, for fear of criticism. However since you asked:

1 drink between 8 thirsty scousers I think I can manage, in fact if you sweet talk our PR, you might even get one each.

Yes we have Sky Sports, and Setanta and something called Digital Alb which gives us lots of Premiership games.

I've not been to House of Katmandu, and I've heard mixed reviews - some good, some not so good. I have heard more recently that they have entertainment outside, but whether that's true or not I'm not sure.

Magalluf Park overlooks Mrs Doyle's (more or less) although the entrance is on the opposite side of hotel (you'll see what I mean) and we're about another 2 minutes walk from Mrs Doyle's
Thanks Adam

Will defo be in to have a drink and watch Liverpool play.

Was just reading some of your reviews seems you have a great club/bar there, will you be having the Hypnotist on between the 21st-28th Aug?

Could you tell me what if any entertainment you will have on for that period?

Thanks again Liz
Liz

As I said before, a lot of bars suspend entertainment between June and September because the age group generally is not the "Watching a Show" type.

However we have kept with the Hypnotist, and he still does 2 shows a week ( Monday and Thursday) and other than an odd occasion, we've always had full houses. He will definitely be on during your stay.

My past years have always been a bit quiet over the Bank Holiday week, so I do not expect to put shows back on until September, although we do keep our eyes and ears open, and this can be altered pretty quickly.

There are other venues with entertainment on (just saw Mick the Fiddler at the Bank this morning) and you'll still have a good choice.

Cheers

Adam
Hi there

We are going to be in Magaluf from the 25th August till the 8th September, I would love to see the hypnotist we are staying at the Sol Guadelope can you tell me if you are far from there, and Liz can you tell me if the Sol Guadelope was o when you stayed and how far it is from any action. Like yourself we have grown up kids now and are also the oldest ( was going to say swingers but dont want you to get the wrong idea ha) groupies in town ha ha

Deb x :wave
Hi Deb

The Guadaloupe is only 5 minutes walk from our bar, and I would hasten to add only another couple of minutes walk to BCM square where there is also another Hypnotist Show.

As I mentioned above, there will be a lot more entertainment on in early September, including (at our bar) Drag Show, Cher tribute, Country Music Show etc with a good variety elsewhere as well, all within 5 or 10 minutres walk from your bar.

Never stayed there, but always heard good reports about it.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Adam
Hi Deb

The Guadaloupe is an excellant Hotel, the only reason we are not back there is because we are doing a cruise and stay and it wasn't one that first chice have.

The food is fab, its at the lower part of Magaluf so you walk up towards Palma Nova past lots of good bars, we liked it when we went because it wasn't in a noisy area(with having little children then).

Goodfellow we will be in to see you next Tuesday and thurs to see the Hypnotist show, one last thing is the Hypnotist rude? We have a 15 year old inoccent girl dont want her to see or hear anything she shouldn't? The reason I say that is we went to Benidorm and there was a hypnotist (child friendly!) who had the partisipants doing very rude things to a few props, I think I am trying to avoid the embarrassment in front of my teenagers now!lol.

Well thanks again for your help Liz.
Thank you goodfellow and Liz , this is our first holiday down that end of Majorca, so we are looking forward to it, I thought I reconisd you from the Benidorm forum Liz. We love Benidorm and usually go twice a year but wanted a bit of a change this year but will be back in Benidorm for the New Year. Will definetly be in to see some of your acts Goodfellow. Thank you both again x :ghug
Hi Deb

Same here I do love Benidorm but fancied a change too.
We went 5x in 4 years to Benidorm so having a break this year and next.

Have a great holiday, its a bit differant to Beni but just as nice in Magaluf if its still the same as when I went, I have a few friends who go every year and it sounds full of fun, but then again you can make your own fun anywhere!

Enjoy and write a review when you get back
Liz.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.