General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Birdygirl,
You must 'phone them and clarify your position;travel insurance is too important a thing to take a chance on.If they say that you are covered under his insurance, ask them to confirm this in writing
Hope it works out for you.
Thank you, I will DEFINITELY ring them tonight! (Well he will!) Men eh? It's all his account so i can't do anything and he keeps "forgetting," I'm going to stick a big sign on the front door for when he comes home reminding him!
While you're at it also check that this policy offers good cover. We have a similar policy (different company) free via my husband's work but there are several things it wont cover, for example medical costs if a result of crime or terrorism. We now dont rely on this but took out one that covers lots more, very cheaply.
Hi,

I have an advantage Gold Account. To get the free travel insurance the holiday must be booked by the account holder on their advantage gold credit card.

I do this for all our holidays and it covers my Husband & Daughter
Just a point, if you order your travel money through the Nat West you get it commission free if you use your Advantage Gold Account.
I'm getting confused now! He doesn't have a Natwest Gold credit card! He has two accounts with Natwest and a debit card for each account. He pays £10 a month for the Natwest Gold card privelages. (Natwest contacted him and offered him this)
The holiday wasn't booked with a gold card credit card, he paid for it with his switch debit card (Natwest account).
I'm going to go look at the booklet he has again..... And I will get him to ring them as soon as he gets in!!
I have an Alliance and Leicster Bank account which offers free annual worldwide travel Insurance for me.

I add my 2 children to this at a cost of approx £50 per annum. (my husband has the same account so he is covered in his own right.)

I am satisfied with the cover this gives and most annual worldwide family policies that give similar cover cost a minimum of £100.
Birdygirl,
Regardless of what the booklet says, or what you think it says,the doubt has been sown in your mind and, until you get a categoric answer from Natwest (in writing) you won't be getting the peace of mind that insurance should give you.
What other people's policies provide is not the issue as far as you're concerned and you have to clarify the position while you still have time to do something about it if everything's not o.k.
I have used this insurance for several years which included a successful claim for a holiday cancelled due to my fathers death. I`m sorry to disagree with Nicky 123 but I have never booked with an Advantage Gold Credit card but have always had the cover, as the cover is linked to my bank account and not my credit card. I will add that I have found them easy to deal with and my claim was settled quickly and efficiently.

John
Thanks everyone, I am just waiting for my boyfriend to get home so we can call and sort it out.

Thanks John M- What you have said is what I thought. Hopefully it will all be sorted tonight!
The Alliance and leicester policy has just been downgraded to European cover only. we have just got our renewal notice to that effect
It is all sorted now :D
I wasn't covered as we have no joint bank acocunt/mortgage etc. Therefore he had to pay a top up fee for me. Don't mind as at least it is ok now! Is a shame though cos we've been together for years but as we are both students we have not yet put money into anything together.
Hi Birdygirl.
At least it's all sorted out now and you've got peace of mind.Just a thought, but would a joint holiday savings account be enough for Natwest to consider you financially interdependent?Not trying to sell you one - just trying to help. :lol:
My partner has a Natwest Gold account and I was very suprised that the insurance provided me with cover for DVT (as a previous DVT sufferer) at no extra cost. I was so suprised that I rang twice just to get it confirmed, as many other insurers were not prepared to cover me for the condition.
I can confirm that you get this cover simply by having an advantage gold current account, whether you pay with their credit card or not isn't a factor.

Glad you got the 'partner' thing sorted, legalese is the hardest foreign language to learn! :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.