General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Bridd can you tell me which of their cards this is?

I've just gone on line but I can't tell from the info which one is currently giving the airmiles. I would like to have on in place for when the easyjet points start.

Thanks.
Its the Natwest Mastercard and I think it starts in June.
Thank you, that's helpful. Can I ask also, where did you find out about the Easy Jet points?
I got a letter from Airmiles this morning telling me that Natwest are pulling out of Airmiles from June. I rang Natwest with a couple of questions and I was told that as more people these days are using low-cost airlines, where you cant use Airmiles, they are addressing this by changing their points. You will still get points but they can be used for different things, one of which will be Easyjet flights.
I imagine they will advertise this nearer the time.
:thanks for posting this Bridd. I didn't know about it and I have been collecting airmiles for over 10 years with Nat West plus various other places.

I know what plane I would rather be on out of Easyjet and British Airways, I guess it's time to apply for a card with Lloyds. :wink:

Doe
The question you need to ask is what will happen to the air miles you have got.

Normal practice if you cancel a card is you lose the points.

fwh
Thanks very much. It does say that it's only available to existing customers who collect airmiles. I've been asking my husband for months to get a card and it looks like he's going to wish he'd listened to me! :)
You wont lose the points you have, as they have already been converted to Airmiles and your Airmiles account will continue as normal. I collect Airmiles not only from Natwest but also from Shell andTesco and I do all my internet shopping via the Airmiles portal.
I will definately be moving to Lloyds for a credit card and will be ditching the Natwest one.
NatWest swaps AIRMILES for new points scheme with ebookers

NatWest has joined forces with ebookers and easjyet to launch a new travel reward programme.

The YourPoints programme will replace the bank's 19-year old relationship with the AIRMILES scheme from June.

Meanwhile, Lloyds TSB and AIRMILES have announced a new partnership.

From June 1, Lloyds TSB will become AIRMILES' official financial services partner, providing it with exclusive rights to offer Airmiles to its customers.

Lloyds TSB will double the Airmiles earn rate offered by NatWest.

But a spokesman for NatWest claimed the AIRMILES scheme was out of date.

"The airline and travel industry has changed beyond recognition since the AIRMILES partnership was established in 1988 and many customers now require ultimate flexibility," said a spokesman.

"They also choose to fly with low-cost airlines and use travel websites to take advantage of special offers."

The bank's new YourPoints allows customers to choose any flight, to any destination, at any time, alongside a wide range of other travel options.

There are no restrictions or black-out days, and airport taxes can be paid for in YourPoints.

NatWest has secured a deal with easyJet to allow its customers to buy easyJet flights with YourPoints, the first loyalty programme that allows customers to do this.

The new programme comes into effect from the date customers receive their June credit card statement.

At this point customers will cease to collect Airmiles on their credit or charge card and will start to collect YourPoints.

Customers' existing Airmiles are unaffected.

Under the new scheme, customers earn one point for every £1 (of qualifying spend).

Initially, YourPoints is only available to existing NatWest customers who collected Airmiles with their credit cards.

The programme is designed to reward loyal customers who regularly use their card and will be free to customers who spend more than £1,000 a month.

Other customers who want to join the programme will pay £3 per month.

With permission from Travelmole
Thanks for posting that David.

I received a letter from 'Airmiles' today with an application form in it for me to apply for my Lloyds TSB Airmiles Credit Card.

As the article says it's an improved collection rate over that of the Nat West Card. Like Bridd I also collect via Shell, Tesco, and my Gas and Electricity company.

I'm quite pleased (at this point) as I was fed up with Nat West due to a card cloning experience I had on my Airmiles Credit Card earlier this year. It might be the right moment to move on even though I've had the card 10 years. Time will tell I guess.

Doe
got my letter from airmiles last night, but as i only collect from natwest and have been happy with them for last 20+ years i wont bother switching.
dont like the idea that natwest will charge me £3 per month for the "privilege" of collecting the new points if i don't spend £1000 per month on my CC's, as i pay them more than enough anyway, but i will wait until they write and tell me about this "new improved customer driven special advantageous unmissable opportunity" that will greatly enhance their profits and then probably reject it.
Hi Jim

I've have just had my letter from Nat West telling about the "new improved customer driven special adventageous unmissable opportunity" :rofl So you should probably get yours tomorrow.

Although how it's an 'advantage' to pay 3 quid a month for something that has been free for 19 years is beyond me.

I'm wondering if Nat West are making a mistake here, they talk about airmiles as being 'outmoded' but I know lots of folk who save them.
have you thought about an Amex card? I get BA miles from that. Combined with doing all my shopping at tesco and exchanging clubcard points for miles I get a long haul flight every year( using the Amex 241 deal)YOu have to use your amex for everything and you need to pay off your balance in full each month as the interest rate is extortianate! :D
Sounds good Fiona. I havent seen that one.
I like the Airmiles as I can use them for British Midland, Lufthansa and so on as well as BA. I have now applied for the new Lloyds card.
I use american express platinum where I can which pays cashback once a year . I use my credit card for all my spending including food shopping and pay off at the end of the month. The cashback i get pays for flights and hotel for Dave and I to have a weekend break . last year it paid for our salzburg trip. :D
got my letter from natwest last night, and have confirmed with them that they wont be charging me £3 so i've signed up for new scheme.
i cant see me getting many free flights though as i tend to use my cards only when i need to -ie holiday/flights items over £100 etc and not for day to day purchases so can only think that i got off the monthly charge on long service basis as i certainly dont spend £1000 per month on my cards.
still, i suppose i'll start collecting points on the new scheme and in a year or 18 months they will come back to me wanting to make a small charge, or am i just too cynical :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.