Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Not wishing to put a damper on your holiday but can I suggest you look at this topic.

fwh

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=53492&start=0
I would suggest the following visits, but does depend where you are staying.

Ag Nik
Chania
Knossos

please see the following link.

http://www.crete-kreta-kriti.com/links-crete/index.html

With regards to quad bike, don't do it. They are dangerous and there are many accidents there every year. I am sure you will find several posts on here with regards to quad bikes and Crete. You will possibly find that these days even the reps will try and talk you out of using them.
i am going to piskopiano by hersoniss so i think thats the other side to were you were saying what are the excursions you have mentioned there and will they all be running by the 19th of may
quads.... Oh yes, i remember those death traps in four weels.
NO please No quads no matter what. seen enough deaths and injuries from those things that are so called bikes.
and to be realistic now. From Piskopiano i would advice Knossos, Ag Nik, Lassithi, Thrapsano (in case u are interested in ceramics and pottery), and Archanes.
the last village if i heard correctly is trying to be officially recognised by the president of Greece (yes he has to put his signature on that) as a traditional one. that means no wires what so ever in any area, no antennas etc. also it was offten on local news about the good job one of him majors did to it so i take it, it should worth it.
Quad bikes no!!! in Crete last year I saw the scene of an accident where a girl drove right under a bus!!

A well organised jeep safari is great. We did one through the tour operator and it was a brilliant but long day and worth the money....if a bit bumpy.
would anybody recoomend any of these trips or excursions a must go on in crete i was thinking about renting a quad and going up in the mountians has any one done this

Do as many excursions as you want or can easily afford, with regards to going up in the mountains on a quad I suggest you read the links before even considering the hire of one, or for that matter a scooter, moped motor bike etc!

Many others who know best have hired a quad before, some cause havoc amongst pedestrians and other road users, some cause accidents, some end up massively out of pocket for damage to a 3rd party or the hired vehicle because they are not insured for what they thought, some end up with hospital bills of Euro 300,000 for injuries to themselves and the other party, some cause the deaths of others and some die themselves!

Quads eh! But hey ho, some ignorant, stupid, intellectual cripple and UK welfare case will hire one this summer, he/she may be lucky and not have to live with the thought that he/she caused a death or injury to another person but what is guaranteed is that a hirer somewhere in Greece will end up broke, crippled or on a mortuary slab!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.