Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi jenni, im going to the ontario apartments on July 8th, were a family of four coming from manchester!

I have heard the apartments are nice so im not worrying. When are you going?

Sarah x
Hi Sarah,

We also arrive about lunch time on the 8th July, I have also heard that the apartments are really nice and modern. Do you know if there is a deposit to be paid. We have been spoiled the last few years, as we have been going to Turkey and they usually don't ask for a deposit.

What age are your children, as I said in my post mine are both teenagers, 17 and 15 , so no doubt I will be spending a fortune on taxi and bus fares in and out of Salou

Jenni
Hi jenni,
Im 18, im going with my mum,dad, brother and my boyfriend. My brother's 15. Thats so freaky, were arriving at lunchtime too.

Let me know if u here anything about the apartments! When we booked our holiday the travel agents said it had a good review. What do you mean by deposit? The only deposit we've ever had to pay is for a safety deposit box!

Sarah x
Hi Sarah

That is freaky, you arriving at the same time and everything. We will have to talk again nearer the time, and give descriptions of each other, but as we are from Belfast I am sure you will be able to pick us out from our accents.

My two are very outgoing and can't wait to go , have you been to Salou before. we were there about 4 years ago and loved it, the beach is brilliant and the Theme Park is fantastic.

About the deposit, sometimes in Spain, they management of the apartments will ask you for a deposit, incase of breakages etc. and with these apartment being so new I would imagine they will ask for it, but you needn't worry if you Mum and Dad are going ha ha ha

Well we will talk again soon

Jenni
Hi Jenni,
Have you got two girls/boys or one of each?
No we haven't been to Salou before. We have been to Spain but not this part. My brother and my boyfriend are reasonably outgoing, I like water sports but thats about it. Im going for the sun. :D

Love sarah x
Hi Sarah

I have one of each, my daughter is 17 ( she will be almost 18 when we go ) and my son is 15.

In Turkey last year my two went Parasailng ( I think that is what you call it) the one were you go up behind the boat on a parachute !!!!!!! and they loved it, my son is very adventurous, so he will be taking part in most water sports.

Port Aventura is fabulous, if you like rollercosters etc. we have just bought a 3 day pass . We might not go all the 3 days but I know that the kids will

There is also a brilliant Water Park in La Pineda , the other direction from Cap Salou, and it is really worth the money, and they also have a dolphin show at it now

Jenni
Hi,
We will be going to the theme parks but im not a lover of rides so we haven't got passes.
I know we are going to try to go to Barcelona cos my brother wants to go to the footie stadium and my mum and I want to go shopping. :)

Anyway if you find out anymore info on the Ontario apartments, let me know.

Hope to see you there! xx
Hi jenni,
Have you heard anything more about the Onatrio apartments?

Sarah x
Hi Sarah

Haven't heard any more , but the season will be starting soon and there should be more reports coming in from people who are going ,May and June. Hope they are good. With them being only new I don't think there should be a problem. My two are worrying about the distance between Cap Salou and Salou, but from what I hear it is easy to get buses and taxis.

Keep checking the internet for reveiws on other web sites , maybe you might see something, but I think this is the best site of all the info.

Jenn :lol: :D
Hi Jenn,
Yeah I have heard that the buses are cheap too. We had been told that the buses to Salou were 1 euro 25 or something like that.

Will write again if I hear anything.

xxx
hi guys i am off to salou on tuesday the 3rd of may i will let u know the cost of things etc when i return 8)
Hi Kirsty

Are you going to Salou or Cap Salou, because the apartments we are going to are in Cap Salou, we are really looking forward to the holiday now, only 10 weeks to go ( not that I am counting)

Give us a good review when you get back, have a brilliant time

Jenni
hi jenn

its capsalou and the same apartments as u .i cant wait only 3 more days till we off the kids cant wait i will fill u all in wot they like on my return kirsty :D
Hi Kirsty

Well how did you enjoy your holiday. What rubbishy weather to come back to.

How were the apartments?

Jenni56
ok folks i am back the apartments are very clean and are basic we was in the bedroom one which had 2singels in one room and a double bed in the other one then the living room the sofa was a single with a pull out guestbed under it . had a few littie faults nutting big there was a bare wire where there should of been a light they sent us a handly man who said it looked like someone got in over the winter and nicked the light ?he said he would be back on the thursday to put a new one up but never did.how ever in the kicthen u have a 2 hob cooker no oven and if u are luckly a toaster.which i didnt have to start off with but got one after begging to the reps who are great :) but on the whole i have to mark it 10/10 as it still new and there are bound to be some small faults still to sort out.there will also be a shop there when u go they were still stocking it up with goodies when we was there.its cost 6 of us just over 8 euros to go the big fun park which is a must it out of this world we was there 5 times.there is also a small pool at the apartments too and a bar .if u have under the age of ten dont send them to the barwith a euro note if u can help it as my o h did gave my 8 year old a 20 euro note and the bar man tryed to rip him off saying it was only a 5 but i had not been drinking and did ask my self why my husband had done this men dont have a brain at times lol but after talking to the bar man 3 times he said oh wait a min he said i think u right he went over to the till and was there for about 45 secs then gave me the rest of the money said he got confussed but was not happy .there is also a safe in ur room wot u can hire for 15 euros a week which is a must u can leave ur passports there instead of taking them with u and there a depost for a 100 euros for the room too which u get back too.capsalou is a small place with some bars and good eat places we would get a meal for about 33 euros for 6 of us with drinks . ok anything else u need to know just ask plzs kirsty
Kirsty

Thanks for your report, I am really looking forward to going only 7 weeks to go. Did you go into Salou much, and was it cheaper by bus or taxi ?

How was the pool, is it really small. My son really loves the pool and I promised him that it had a big pool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well he can go to the beach

Jen
Hi again Kirsty

Can you tell me if you have to pay for your air-con when you get there ?

:?:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.