Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi smithalison2 :wave

I have not stayed at the Denise Beach but, i used the dive centre next door Adventure Diving and the position is very well balanced. Being away from the Laganas main strip but, close enough to walk along and take advantage of the many restaurants and bars. Being more Aghios Sostis i think than Laganas you have the choice of two resort areas to sample as Aghios Sostis being smaller than Laganas it's quieter and more familly orientated.

The beach here changes often as a few years ago as you had to use a raised board walk between Laganas center and this part of the Bay directly in front of the Denise. The large boulders and rocky beach front is still visible where the sea used to reach but last time i was there the beach had built up and the board walk was removed.

Just a little further it opens up into a very wide beach front and is a favourite for famillies as the sea is very shallow for quite a distance at least 30+ metres to adult waist height. I've never seen any turtles this end of the bay but the fish tickle your toes if you stand still here in the sea.. :lol:
The denise beach and dive centre next door.jpg

The hotel website.

http://www.denisebeach.gr/

Weather in May The earliest i've been to Laganas is 10th May and the weather was lovely for the whole 14 days although we missed a very big storm in this part of the Med (Ionian Sea) 3 days before we arrived. The storm surge was still evident in the area as a lot of the beach was submerged for the first few days but, this didn't affect our holiday at all.

Evenings can be much cooler than mid summer and again if you rely on air conditioning in mid summer this can be a blessing as i certainly prefer the cooler night temperatures of early season.

Paul.. ..
hi paul, thanks for the reply, you have been really helpful. i think ill book it next week, cheers from ali 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.