Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi the Tropico is for families, if you are a family great, the Sahara across the road is also good. Magnamar and Jungula are more suitable to singles/couples. Another good apartment is the Martinique, we went on a family holiday and were very pleased with it. Marinique is suitable to all age groups and the apartments are huge and have a huge balcony. The fiesta ones are bookable through Thomson, Martinque through Alpha rooms, Wintersunshine holidays. I see you are looking for next year, flights won`t be out until latter this year. Thats if you want diy.
Hiya heatwave,

Fiesta Tropico is what is known as under "guarantee" with Thomson, it can only be booked via them. You can book it as a package or as accommodation only via Thomson website. Be aware of any companies offerring you this hotel as they will be booking via Thomson and inflating the price to take their cut.

With regard to the hotel, both the Tropico and Sahara are perfect for families, however the Sahara can (in peak season) have some 18-30's (know as Freestyle) allocated to it.

Hope this helps

Cheers
I went to the holiday hypermarket today for a quote for july next year.
Aparently it has been withdrawn from the summer 2009 brochure (dont know why). Having sat with the travel rep for almost an hour she couldnt find any prices on this complex. She did tell me that bookings have been suspended & she will let me know more in the up coming weeks.
I have sent fiesta an email & they say a brochure will be out june/july but i am awaiting confirmation of which brochure it will be issued in & more importantly why it isnt featured in the summer 2009 brochure.
At one point the travel agent found details & gave me a quote of £3048 for 7 adults & 1 lad for 14 nights travelling from birmingham which i was getting excited about! but when it came to printing the quote out she lost it, i was mad to be honest as i jumped at the price even tho i am supposed to be booking a diy for next year, but if i see the right price..ill grab it.
We were at the Tropico a few years back.

Depending what your are looking for in a holiday what u will think off it.

:que :cry There is three of Thomson Hotel in a row and Tropico is in the middle of the two 18-30's hotels, Sahara in front off the Tropico and Jungla behind.

We got very little sleep from the carry on for youths using the Tropico as a short cut home to either the Jungla or Sahara and they steal stuff of the balaconies on the lower floor and they play knock door.

I was threaten and another lady touched up by a group of 10 yobs using the Tropico as a short cut one morning whilst sitting out at the swimming pool at 8.30am, the usual for me as I had no sleep, this was very scary and shocked me as this hotel was advertised and booked as a family holiday. There was no security stopping it.

The 18/20 year old use Tropico family hotel in the afternoon as there is more going on and have there hifis blarring and take over e complex.

There is also a lot of thieving goes on as it is rumoured people have keys cut that have been there previously and break in with a key the following years. we arrived back a few times and our room door wide open.

There was no noise from BCM which is just beside hotel.

The police was never away from the Sahara and when you got up in the morning the view outside was yobs throwing up in street outside and if you ventured to the shop across from the Tropico you have to dodge the sick.

There is a Butlins style tannoy system messaging from 8am-10pm and gets on your nerves after a few days.

I would recommend the Playa C'as Saboners apartments which are excellently situated, one side of the street is Magulaf and the other Palma Nova and just minutes walk to either beach. You can book direct with the hotel. It a Thomas Cook brochure for next year.
:(
I've got to ask you, Lisbon.

Are you basing your criticism of problems which occurred "a few years ago"

Is it not possible that things have improved since then?

We have dozens of familes every week who are staying at the Tropico, and I've never heard of any of the problems to which you refer.

On the other hand, The Martinique, which was mentioned earlier is currently full of idiots.

My wife and son have to walk past that Hotel every evening, and it is like running a gauntlet, with all the idiots spitting and throwing things from the balconies. My wife spotted some offending imbeciles only last night and reported it to the Reception, and they were fined, but it was still going on.

This morning the Guardia were outside, and with a bit of luck they will be "re-educating" some of these morons, but to suggest that a family should stay there, leaves me speechless. :really

Cheers

Adam
don't listen to negative reports about these apartments and resort both great been going back for 7 years ,never had a bad holiday .giving a miss for next year off to florida .but tropico is now back in thompson/ portland brochures .
heres the prices you might get

Aparthotel Fiesta Tropico
Majorca, Magaluf.
11 Jun 2009, BIRMINGHAM
7 adults.
1 child.
14 nights, Self catering
BASIC COST £290.00 X7 £2030.00
1ST CHILD PRICE £194.00 X1 £194.00
FUEL SUPPLEMENT £5.00 X8 £40.00
ONLINE DISCOUNT -£70.00
Total Holiday Price £2194.00

Price here does not include insurance.

Room details:
2 x 1 bedroom family apartment (sleeps 2-4 people)

Room details:
8 passengers
11 Jun 2009
14 nights
Aparthotel Fiesta Tropico,
Magaluf,
Majorca

Departure flight details:
Departs at 18:40 from BIRMINGHAM on 11 Jun 2009
Arrives in PALMA on 11 Jun 2009 at 22:00

Return flight details:
Departs from Palma on 25 Jun 2009 at 23:00
Returns to Birmingham Term.1
26 Jun 2009 at 00:25
We went to Fiesta tropico about 3 years ago.Unless things have changed alot expect not to sleep.Good hotel and rooms but the noise from the hotel at the back spoils it.There were many nights i sat on the balcony watching the night guard trying to stop the trouble.Youths would jump in the pool in the early hours ,urinate in the pool,throw chairs in .They even tried chaining the loungers up but many still ended up in the pool.Lots of kids were left in the hotel while there parents went out.It may look quiet from the outside but try sleeping there .Good hotel in all other ways though.We got 2 adults and i child for under £400 in October late deal so we got a good deal ,and had a good time.First time we went to Goodfellows on that holliday.We had a note pushed under the door about the hypnotist and had a great night out.
well you must be talking about a different hotel i stayed in. i went to the tropico in june this year and have got to say we all had a fantastic time.There was no trouble from yobs at all and the hotel was quiet after 12.30. I went with 2 children one aged 11 and one aged 9 and they loved it.i would definitley book to come here again great value for money.
I went in 2005, the Fiesta Sahara is in front of you and the Fiesta Jungla behind. Fiesta Tropio had a Europa bar a couple of doors along and Tom Browns/Benny Hills at end of street.
you can book any fiesta hotel through there website.so you can book diy.if you fancy just say 5 days.or more.you book the flights to suit you.i have done a 18 day hols in ibiza before staying in a fiesta hotel.if you can get a cheap flight thats the best part.i did cash in a few points to get a free weeks stay.but still worked out cheaper than going with tui.unless you see a late deal for this hotel.mine you there are always offers on tui web site for this hotel.

join up for emails and news with thompsons.and you get the latest offers.
Watched chanel 647 on sky last night, the Thomson holiday channel. The Fiesta Sahara, the other Fiesta Hotel directly in front of the Fiesta Tropico, 5 meters across road is now being sold as a Thomson holiday suitable for families. Rooms and everything look the same as the Fiesta Tropico.

Re: Previous comments. Yes these hotels may have changed away from Freestyle 18 year olds, also some folks views are different depending on what you expect/want, i don't expect to pay £2-3K for a crap holiday that I need a holiday to get over or see yobs trowing up and the police standing with guns at your hotels front door.

Look at Trip Advisor as well as this website as Trip Advisor is really good too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.