Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Do you know the name of the ship? If it's in the Berlitz guide it'll give you an idea of star rating and what to expect. Try a search on google for the ship's name - there's bound to be some comments somewhere.

What time of the year are you looking to sail?
The cruise ship is called Saphire its a smaller Greak ship its says in brochure.It has a capacity of 650-1000, im baffled by the vast ammount of cruises on offer and just want to make the right choice. Thanks for your help.
hi to you ..liz mc.......have been on a good few cruises big,medium,small ships much prefer smaller ships more intimate the crew get to know you after a few days and i find the personal service better ,also easier to find your way about quicker many regards enjoy your first cruise you will go back for more......johndoe :gluck
Thanks Johndoe, where have you cruised before? And have you any idea of prices?
hi again .liz mc.... :yipee :D :) .... you have asked me so i will tell what i can remember...first the crown princess 2000 on board ,price for two .1800 pounds i thought it was dear...around the carribean 2 weeks...next .the island princess about 1200 on board .price 1500 a good deal..went to instanbul,odessa,yalta,vigo,gib..plus other places next was the canberra what a great ship did 7 cruises on her i think the most was 900 pounds the most the least 700 ..small ship but good...next was oriana medium ship quite good ,1100 pounds paid around the med next was the queen e 2 hated that ship very snobby the more you paid the better the treatment..medium size,. will not go again...next the black prince .arond the med two weeks ,price about 1100.. nice ship very small about 600 people ..next the sundream ,airtours ship great ,500 pounds 3 weeks the carribean to the canaries to southampton ....a few more as well but running out of space if you want any more info please ask regards ....johndoe... :D
Hi Liz, I looked up the Sapphire and it's an old ship and very small and crowded. It's only rated at 2+ stars and scores 1036 points out of 2000 - a below average score. Personally, and this is only my opinion, it is not a ship I'd sail on for that price.

For a first cruise you'd probably be better looking at the more major lines. For £930 you should get a very decent cruise line - my parents are paying £899 for 8nights in a balcony on Royal Caribbean on the 12th September for example.

You may find http://www.choosingcruising.co.uk helpful in narrowing down your choice and putting you in touch with travel agents. I found the above deal through here.
Hi Liz

My friend booked an Archers Nile cruise last year and couldnt fault it - she had a great time and found it really good value for money.

If its a med cruise your after then MSC an Italian line were worth a look, I went on the Armonia last year - fantastic :D
Not got their direct link to hand but they do have a London office that will send you off a brochure often with good deals in.

Alison :D
do not ask msc for a brochure or send them an email

I sent a brochure request in October and have still never received one

visit http://www.msccruisesagent.com register and you will have access to all the msc information you could ever need

for more information on msc email my friend Barry Peinke who will gladly answer any questions you have, email him at danbarry2 at hotmail dot com
I have found telephoning MSC for a cruise brochure brings results very quickly - sometimes the very next day. I have yet to receive a brochure by requesting it on the internet.

I have also had a lot of difficulty getting a brochure from Costa. I've tried ordering it by telephone once, by internet thrice and in a travel agents twice. And still no luck! Its their loss though as my parents have booked onto Royal Caribbean. Is it an Italian failing?

Hi dallas16, I "met" you on the other forum. goodclicks=craig. When is your next cruise again? Thankyou very much for the msccruiseagent info.
March 31st I go on lirica

Will send you photographs if you want (leave me your email address)

how many times have you cruised with MSC
Thanks everyone, im really glad you found out about ship for me Craig as i was a bit tempted.
I was wanting 14 nights really or a cruise for 7days and land for 7 maybe. What do you all think of airtours or thompson?
Johndoe you are a real Christopher Columbus! I bet you have fantastic memories thanks again.
The brochures are out on 1st April so will have a look at any special deals that may be on at the time,maybe with so many tour operators and ships out there that the competition maybe good. Heres Hopeing!!!
Hi again Liz - Thompsons are good too I went 2 years ago and had a great time just prefered MSC for the mix of people on board and ports of call were fantastic :D

A lot of people did the cruise and stay - but I would do stay then cruise! the cruise is so luxery compared to the stay! Theres so much to do on board it can be hectic trying to fit it all in so a week after to chill would be nice - hard to decide which way rounds best?
I went on the Spirit - great ship :D

Alison
Thanks Alit
We are going to make a day in the travel agents next sat 1st April as they all come out then for 2007. There should be some good competition out there, i have been told :free all inclusive with Thompson, 50% of with Ocean Village frre upgrades with Island Cruises which is first choice i think? Anyway im hopeing to get something booked.
The thing that worrys me about the smaller foreign ships is the evening entertainment, i quite like the sound of thompson as there have comedy shows, broadway type shows, singers etc and with having a 15 year old and 18 year old wanted to make sure that they where not bored. Do the smaller ships have this to offer too? Also i forgot...have you or anyone else ever booked a princess cruise as my friends daughter is thinking of booking the grand princess cruise with them in June?
Just to confirm the right one its http://www.princesscruise.co.uk
hi to you again liz :wave have had two cruises with the princess line both very nice ships,the first was the crown princess huge ship ,entertainment all day long for young and old,cabin steward and waiters fantasic ,nothing to much trouble,the next was the island princess ,smaller ship but everything the same ,entertainment and staff e.t.c. enjoy crusing only down side was having to go home....regards....johndoe :)
Thanks John, im really looking forward to getting something booked now. This ship seems really good and the balconys are quite big as in the brochure they have 2 sunbeds on and a table with chairs.
Is the entertainment as good as thompsons?
hi again liz :wave have never done a thompson cruise yet,thats not to say i will not try them ,the entertainment on the princess ships in my opinion were good but bear in-mind every-bodys tastes or different....regards to you and best wishes when you try your first cruise please let me know how you get on......johndoe... :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.