EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi anzac11

Apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs, but no matter which company you buy through, it's essential that you take independent legal advice. It's surprising how many people don't and end up with all sorts of problems!

If your looking for income, you'd be better off buying in the residential areas of Nicosia or Limassol. There's just too much competition in the property rental market in the coastal areas and unless you're buying something out of the ordinary, you're extremely unlikely to get a decent return. The best you can expect is 18 weeks/year.

In the residential areas there are good opportunities for long-term rentals (1 year plus) from both Cypriot and foreign nationals.

I've seen a number of developers offering guaranteed rental income for the first two years. Needless to say, the cost has been factored into the selling price.

Over the last 3 years, the property price index has increased by 5.55% per annum. On top of that, budget no more than 4.5% ROI (gross) income from renting.

Take care,

Nigel (aka EPHMH)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.