EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I would suggest you at least insure the building, even though it has a 10 year guarentee that will not cover fire, flood, breakin, etc try getting a quote from here http://www.abbeygateinsurance.com/ or else you could check if the whole apartment block is insured and what the cover is, though I suspect not.
We have insured our apartment for about 80% of value. The community association carry buildings insurance has it is responsible for the external structure but we were advised to take some additional cover in case of internal damage to the apartment ie flood or fire etc.

We have 90K Euros cover for 120 Euros annual premium with our Spanish bank.
Errr course you need insurance. What about if a fire starts in your aprtment and burns the whole block down? Turns out you were negligent and are deemed liable. thats why you need insurance. It will include liablity cover. Not to mention all the other cover that would cover your buildings, and it costs peanuts. Compare it with your car insurance for instance. Right I'll get off my soapbox. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.