Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
april
7 Posts
April is "shut-down month", so it depends when you go.

Early in the month there will be a lot more open than at the end of the month.

We found that each day a few more places shut down, usually without warning, as they constantly assess tourist numbers and trade levels.

It can also be VERY hot/humid, so a/c would be useful, even if you think you don't need it.
We will be in April and have been twice before. I wouldn't worry too much about humidity. It didn't bother us but we do have A/C. Places were beginning to close but there is more than enough open. The last charter left half way through our holiday.
I believe you stay at Kingstork, just behind the beach, so with the sea breezes humidity wouldn't be a problem. Those further back would suffer more. But of course, if they have a/c installed, its there if actually needed :rofl

Continually stating "April", 30 whole days, is a bit pointless.......... both the weather and availability of shacks etc will vary wildly between say 4th April and 24th, a point I tried to make earlier.

I have spent several entire Aprils in Goa, without the luxury of a/c, and there have been nights I would have killed for it :tongue
Yes we do stay at Kingstork and hadn't really thought before about the fact that it is almost by the sea that we would suffer less. We certainly appreciate the breeze at the beach. :)
One difference this year of course is that last year many had booked before the visa hikes so may not want to be paying the extra this year. But then it was mostly Russians around us at the beach so I suppose it probably won't impact as much..
was looking at first 2 weeks
I'd go for it, we have been early and late April and coped ok, yeah humidity can be very high but at times it's as comfortable as March. Still somewhere different to eat on a night but don't bank on your favourite place being open - same with your favourite shack, but plenty others still doing good trade.
If you can get a deal - pack your case !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.