Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Thank you Lincoln Imp, I had a reply from them on Wednesday, they said they had the booking etc etc but did not mention the parking.
Thanks for that.
Big Al
No problem ,glad to help
Just back from a week there ,any more info you need let me know ;)
Booked the Arcos Playa again for mid June, just been contacted by the manager to say we can have apartment 301 again, we cannot wait.

:cheers
I take it 301 is a double bedroom with the corner balcony ?
We had a 1 bed a few years ago and our bedroom window was overlooking what can only be described as a lift shaft ,the 2 beds are much better

Not the best place in the world by any stretch is it but a perfect base for a holiday
All the 01's are corner apartments that overlook the main square, I agree it may not be the ritz but we think it is better than other hotels we have stayed at like Lagotel in Playa de Muro or the Moreyo in Cala Bona, both nice hotels just not what we like, apart from the hike up three flights of stairs, the views are the best from these apartments and the apartments are so spacious and clean.

Alan and Dara
hi, previous posts mention some good apartment numbers. our family and a friends family are hoping to go here for a week in september. we will both need a 2 bedroomed apartment each but would prefer to be next to each other. is this possible and if so do you know any good ones to ask for? is there much to do in sillot for children or will we have to go to sa coma. only ever been to alcudia before. thanks
Hi, I'm thinking of booking a stay at these apartments for myself, wifge and 2 teenagers.
The reviews seem to be pretty good, but I'm not sure about the pool, as the picture looks as though it isn't very big.
We tend to spend time lounging arounin the pool so don't want to go some where without a decent pool area.
Has anybody who has been got any thoughts for me.
Many thanks.
Hi.
We returned from the Arcos playa on Wednesday, we highly recommend these apartments, the staff are superb and facilities more like a three star hotel.

Cart583, We stay in the 01's which have large rooms and wrap around balconies, if you contact the arcos playa direct after booking they will do their utmost to give what you require, the 01's, and 03's are definitely two bedroom apartments and the main doors are directly across from each other only difference is that the 02's and 03's have views over the pool and main square.

Biddulphian, The pool is more than ample and to be honest the pictures do not do the pool justice, it is split in two with a shallow end for the kids, there are loungers all around the pool so plenty for everyone. We have now been to the Arcos in October and June and the pool was never fully used by customers. It is thoroughly cleaned, normally in the early hours when Tony has finished his entertainment and everything has closed down.

Food is excellent here with large potions, we highly recommend the gammon steaks with Chips, eggs and veg we added the mushroom sauce which made it to die for, we have never tasted better and that is the truth.

As I say any queries just email the arcos direct, their website is http://www.arcosplaya.com and the email is info@arcosplaya.com
at this time of year it might take a couple of days to get an answer as they are very busy.

Have a great time, we are considering booking again for September.

Alan and Dara
Hi.
Has anyone booked the Arcos Playa this year?
I have been trying to book for May or June with no success, I have tried most of the usual companies but nobody seems to go to the Arcos this year.
I have emailed the Arcos three times with no reply from them.
I have heard a couple of rumors, that it has closed down, it has been taken over by a German company who only sell to German clients, that it is being extensively refurbished this year. I doubt very much that they are fully booked as when we want to go is out of the school holidays.
Any information will be gratefully received.

Thanks
Alan.
Hi al I was near there yesterday and it is deffo open. There was some good old Spanish workforce fencing nearby but they are also reparing the road up there so thought it was for that. As for being run for the Germans not heard anything but next time I'm up that way I'll try and find out for you
Hi again al, had a word with a mate who works for janer bus they do transfers from the airport . He took 2 groups of girls who flew from London with monarch and easyjet up there last week and he has more bookings for the rest of the month and in may , but he looked and has nothing in June but does in July ?. So not sure could be full but does seem strange this early in the year :que
Thanks Ukdemon.
I called reception and they said they are not taking anymore bookings, I asked if they are full and she said not at all but would not say anymore.
She apologized and that was that she put the phone down, to be honest it did not sound like the usual reception staff.
I was talking to a friend who lives in Alcudia and she said it's going to be a quiet year for the island this year as far as the Brits are concerned, she said they are considering moving as it is becoming more and more of a German destination every year.
I thought it would be nice for us to have a holiday at our favorite resort after a very difficult start to the year.
Roll on July when we go to Ukraine for a few weeks.

Alan
Hmmm sounds strange al, my mates bookings are passed to him through the airlines both monarch and easyjet booked him in July , so maybe have a look through there websites at the packages . The local grapevine has,nt heard anything about a takeover so maybe they are trying to fill the place by selling exclusively to airlines as a package to fill the place , a hotel near me tried this two years ago and now stands empty ! :que
Hi Ukdemon,
It seems the Arcos Playa are indeed using Monarch holidays, but the prices they are quoting are ridiculous, last year for 11 nights early June we paid £92 for the apartment, £160 for flights and £152 for car hire, total £404 for two. Monarch want £649.76 for 7 nights with no car hire or transfers, both self catering. At these prices I would think the Arcos Playa will be very quiet this year.
It's a pity the owners have decided to go down this avenue to get customers but I think it will backfire on them, when we stayed in June and October it was quite busy.
Easyjet don't seem to use the Arcos (well not for any dates I tried)

Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.