Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We havent been this year yet but we will be back at the Arcos Playa on 16th August and we cant wait.

We went last year and must admit was dreading going after reading the reviews. However when we arrived that all changed.

Ok, so the apartments are basic, but you get what you pay for. We had a 2 bedroom apt. and it was massive. Great big balcony that went all the way round the buliding so you got the sun all day. Bathroom with shower, kitchen with kettle, toaster, fridge. The cooker only had 2 gas rings, but who goes on holiday to cook? We only used it for boiling the kettle. The apartments were very clean and the maids came in every other day with clean sheats and towels.

Downstairs in the bar the staff are very friendly and up for a laugh. They will do anything for you. The meals are the Arcos are great value for money. They do all the usual. The portions are very large aswell.

The pool was fine with plently of sunloungers, tables and chairs etc but we used the beach more, only a 2 minute walk across the road.

The Acros Playa is no Ritz but I'm sure those reviews were written by people who are used to 5*.

We are going back this year so it must have some appeal.
Hi. We are hoping to go to Sa Coma in October but the prices are very expensive. There will be my friend and me and 4 kids :shock:. I know S'Illot is not too far from Sa Coma so can I ask who you booked with please. I hope its a tour op cos the price of flights are horrendous. Thanks.
we were lucky booked when jet 2 came out and paid nearly 300 for 5 of us and apartments came to 249 so 549 with car hire for the week 639 not bad for october in sa coma just hope weather is nice.
Hi Julie. Are you going October half term. I have been looking for cheap flights for October but cheapest from Doncaster is about £150 :yikes
I've also been looking for July 2007 but I dont think Thomsons have released flights yet :cry: I'll check Jet2 later. :D
We have went DIY this year. We paid £680 for a 2 bedroom apartment for 4 adults and 1 child and our flights were £70 each return with Flyglobespan. It works out so much cheaper, we still cant believe the savings we've made. I will be doing DIY every year from now on.

I do know that MY TRAVEL are doing package holidays to the Arcos Playa apartments this year. Not sure about prices though.

As I said previously, the Arcos Playa are perfect if you are on a budget and are really just using your apartment as a base and the town of S'illot is just ideal for families.
Hi Hoochy11. Will take a look at MYTRAVEL. We definitely want to go to the east cost (preferably Sa Coma) but prices are really prohibitive. Might have to wait til a bit nearer the time we want to travel. :yikes Did DIY last year but flights are too expensive this year. :cry:
we are going 3rd of october but to get the chep flight prices you have to book as soon as they are released what we paid would cost about 3 times that amount now if i had to book today.
I haven't stayed there but we were going to Sa Coma in May this year and some people got off the coach for the Arcos Playa and when the coach left there the rep said - who has booked accomodation on arrival and some people put their hands up and he said - you should be glad you didn't get that apt - we reps call it the ghetto. Don't stay there it's nasty.
How do you know its nasty then if you havent stayed there Cheshire Girl?

As for reps saying that, they should be reported.

Im sorry but I get really annoyed at remarks like that when people dont really know what they are talking about.

The Arcos Playa is certainly NO Ghetto. It happens to be a cheap and chearful holiday base for people who are on a budget. As I said previoulsy we were there last year and will be back again in August, so I dont think it can be as bad as you say(even though you havent even stayed there to give an opinion) otherwise we would NOt be going back.

I have stayed in 4 and 5* hotels and apartments in the past and I didnt think they were worth what I paid for them, but each to their own.
ooo touchy!!! :roll: I didn't say it was nasty - I just repeated what the rep said. He said it was nasty. I don't think he should be reported. All too often reps gloss over the bad bits. He was being honest.

I am glad for people's views. Each to their own - you are right but you don't seem to like people giving their views unless it fits in with your view. People ask for comments on this forum and I am just putting mine.

Please don't get upset by it.
Yes you are entiltled to your own opinion thats true, but what I meant was that you cant really give an opinion on somewhere that you have not stayed in.

I am not upset by your comment and I am sorry if I come across as being a bit rude in my reply. :)

I am obviously biased about the Arcos Playa because we had such a fab holiday there last year and intend to this year aswell, but it needs to be given a chance. I for one was reluctant to go last year because I had read some awful reviews (after we had booked) but once we got there we need'nt have worried.
So that I can make a comparison, where did you stay Cheshire girl?
:lol:
Please keep it friendly folks

Biff
Stayed in these apartments last year and had read some really bad reviews. Got their and we were really please, my only fault was one day i was in the middle of having a shower and the water went off! But that was it no problems and the staff are really lovely and friendly. It was also cleaned every day. The food was dead on and you can get snacks at lunch time. Its a stone throw away from a lovely beach and a few shops and you can walk into more shops in Sa Coma. Loved it would definately go back!
hi have just come back from staying in these apartments and would love to go back for a cheap and cheerfull holiday

the apartment was huge ok no air con but managed your only in there to sleep

the pool is fantastic as many people go to the beach so had plenty of room to play with my children

food was lovely and big portions and the staff was fantastic too

the drinks were very cheap compared to other places and was in perfect location

the entertainment was not of 4 star but a disco musical chairs karaoke for the kids and cash bingo for the adults which was great as many people didnt play so everyone always won (line 20 euros House 60 euros)we won both

i would say dont worry have a great time your holiday is what you make it :D
Hi Velvet, glad to hear you had a great holiday.

I was just wondering if you would be able to tell me if Danny is still working there. He was a great guy and very helpful. he couldnt do enough for us last year. It would be great to see him again.
Hi, will be going to the Arcos Playa in October :sun2 , having searched through reviews and on this forum I cannot find the information I need :think . Does anyone who has been this year know, what the parking will be like for our hire car, is parking near the apartments? Or if anyone has the email address so I can ask the Arcos direct.
BigAl
Thanks Luci, you have come to the rescue once again. :tup

Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.