Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi
I have just booked there too and we are going late September. Have you been yet?
Gayle
If anyone has stayed at this hotel, we would be grateful if you could help fellow holidaymakers by taking time to submit a review ... please click here.

Many thanks.

David :wave
David.
I have this morning submitted a review of this hotel. I will not duplicate my views unless anyone has any further questions.

Kindest regards

Pebble
I just wondered if anyone has stayed there lately, and what their opinions of the place are?

The pictures I've found on the web certainly look very appealing.
Hi ShannockSid,

My husband and I went there last year. The holiday was intended as a break to enjoy our last few months of freedom as I was pregnant at the time! We had a lovely, sunny week there and really enjoyed the hotel. Our room was very contemporary, if a little strange in layout and the bathroom was typically spanish and always very clean. W didnt opt for a sea view from the balcony but enjoyed the view from the front of the hotel which was fine.
The all inclusive facility was very good. We enjoyed the food which is all buffet style within one restaurant. There was always something to eat, even for me because I am quite fussy. If all else fails, there were always a couple of pasta dishes which are cooked to order on request. Also always available was a delicious salad bar, pizza and of course chips! Just to add, my husband and I have enjoyed many cruise holidays and the food at the hotel in comparison was a very pleasant surprise.
There are non-alcoholic beverages and a beer tap to help yourself to. Wine is brought on request by the glass although we did spot some couples who had on the all inclusive bands and had a bottle of wine at their table. Dont know how they managed that one!
The hotel was running at about half its capacity...to me it seemed to be an undiscovered secret which was great! How the restaurant would run on full capacity, I really dont know as staff seemed few.
The pool area was lovely and clean. The snack bar does what it says on the tin and my husband enjoyed a few poolside beers daily.
One point to note is the breeze/wind. It was VERY strong when we were there last May. This particular part of the island is renowned for the wind and as a result, there are loads of wind surfers etc. People were complaining about it but perhaps should have chosen their destination a little more carefully if it was such a problem. Personally, it was a relief from the raging sun!
The bar at night has a lovely veranda with chairs & tables and we observed all sorts of cocktails and hot drinks being enjoyed. This is, however, the main hub in the evenings and gets busy (even at half capacity). It is also rather repetitive to sit there each evening. We made some friends which helped the evenings along.
The town is lovely for a stroll. Its about 15mins walk there and has some bakeries, restaurants etc. We didnt venture too far due to my rather large belly!
All in all, we had a lovely, relaxing week and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. It is a quiet hotel, perfect for a break away and a rest. We would definitely return with our little girl in the future as we are confident that it would suit a family like us.
I do have to reiterate though that the hotel could be a different place entirely if very busy. One of the great things about it was that it was not packed like summer hotels tend to be.
Please ask if there are any other questions!
arenas hotel el medano has anyone any comments on this hotel. gets reasonable reviews know its out of the way
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.