Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
It's now called Whitesands
Hi Ellie,

White Sands was badly affected by the Tsunami but is not fully open for business. Try trip advisor for recent reviews.

I know you loved Cuba but there is nothing like the maldives is there?

Tracy
No there definitely isn't! Trouble is, the Maldives spoil you for so many other places, people keep suggesting the Seychelles and Maurutius etc and I just can't see them living up to expectations now I've seen the Maldives!
How long ago did you go?
I was so upset when I heard how badly some of the islands had been damaged, I am desperate to go back there before the coral dissappears altogether
Ellie
Hi Ellie,

we were there last Christmas when the Tsunami struck - we were evacuated home 3 days afterwards (5 days early).

We're going back on December 19th this year to the same island. You're definitely right it does spoil all other holidays as nothing compares favourably to the maldives. The beaches, the staff, the food, the sea life all win hands down in the Maldives. We are looking at going again next Spring. Our one in a lifetime dream holiday has turned into 3 visits in 18 months ! Bank balance is not happy - but the quote we have for next year is only £300 more than we paid for Cuba this year so I don't think that's too bad.

I read an article yesterday which said the coral in the maldives was damaged as badly as they thought - apparantly only 10% sustained damage.

Tracy
You lucky thing! The only thing that is stopping me from going back is the length of the flight with 2 children.
It really is a little piece of paradise, everybody should have the experience at least once in their lives in my opinion!
Good to hear that the damage is less than originally thought, when I was there (10 years ago) the life expectancy of a lot of the coral was only 20-50 years so a disaster like the tsunami could have been catastrophic.
Ellie
Look on the Kuredu website: http://www.kuredu.com you will get loads of info on there and you will become addicted!!
I want to go tomorrow!!! Thank you so much for you assistance, now, if you could recommend a good wedding venue in the U.K............ :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.