Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Dont think its that bad. There is some patches of land with little or no building on it, so its dusty then, but there's a lot of hotels in that area and with bars and shops, its a lot quieter than central marmaris. The Dolmus runs into centre Marmaris plus there's some taxi ranks. Its a developing area.

Can't help you with green park accommodation as we stayed at Club Atrium, 2yrs ago.

There's Hills/mountains around the area and depending where you stay you have some views of the hills.

We would have preferred to stay nearer to Marmaris centre or near the beach thats because we're lazy, but you could saunter (and i mean saunter) down the main road and come out near McDonalds in 20 mins.

Bev
That reminded me of one of the previous posts here about people expecting Turkey to be "dusty with camels" :D No Armutalan is not like that at all, it is actually not that much different than Icmeler in my opinion, maybe a little more quiet but thats all... Still with plenty of small hotels, restaurants and bars though..
Many thanks for your replies - I'm sure I'll enjoy it. :lol:
lol, there is a camel and man that went round the area doing camel rides. i will remember forever the smell and the nappy that it wore under its bum squelching. yuck
mmmmmm..... think I'll pass on the camel rides - and to think I was worried about the area!
hiya victoria,

i am home two weeks from the armatulin area, we travelled with goldtrail, which we have no complaints about, i stayed in club happy days and would go back tomorrow if i had the money, as for the man with the came i did'nt see him this trip or last october, i hope you enjoy your holiday as much as i did, dont forget to go into icmeler to the chill bar and say hi to john and rami.

wgipk.
hi victoria i stayed armutulan last year and going to this year everything is ok only 15mins walk to the front not bad or 40p on dolumus some good restaraunts there and not as expensive as the front have a goodin :lol:
Thank you all so much for your positive replies - I can't wait to get there now! :lol:
we always stay in this area, we go to club sultan, which we have been every year now since 2000, twice in 2003, its nice to be that little extra distance away from the front, we'll be thereoct 10th, this time it will be our honeymoon, its where she wanted, so it'll do me.
good choice for honeymoon the place you no best better than going somewhere else and having a nightmare congratulations and have a good time. :glynis :sun
the hotel you are staying in looked great last year,we popped in to have a look when we were checking out a few hotels on a walk about .we tried to get booked in with the turkish company i travel with k&s holidays but they said they could not get us a slot in there. :lol: the armutalan area is not a dusty place either in fact it is great with loads of great bars eg mad boys & coco bongos to name just two within a few minutes walk from your hotel and thre are also loads of good shops.the best thing with armutalan is you dont get hassled as much by the bar owners,they do ask you to come in but if you say a kind no thank you the will leave you alone.i will be back in armutalan at the club ilayda in 17 days from now and i can not wait :glynis :lol: :rofl
Thanks so much for that - I really can't wait to go now - 5 weeks today .... and counting!
im going armutalan tomorrow,been 6 times stayed at ares,club julian ,epic,club orient staying this time sarba aparts,great bars etc and not to noisy
Hi - Armutalan is the best place to stay in Marmaris - great pubs and restuarants and because you're not in the centre it is a lot cheaper and friendlier - you'll have a great time. I'm going in August for the 3rd time this year!!!
???
????
Just returned from the Kervansaray in Armutulan. Yes, it's some distance away from the centre of Marmaris but the dolmus runs so frequently and is so cheap that it was no problem getting there. Our hotel was surrounded by pine-covered hills so we had no complaints about the location at all.
Sue
Thank you all for your replies. I have a feeling that my family and I are going to have a great time! :P

We'll definately be popping into Septembers - not to far to stagger home by the sounds of it! :lol:
This is a lovely area of Marmaris and not to far from the main street. We stayed at the Seda apts, they were great little apts. It made me laught when i read about the camel man, because he used to sit on a bench and let his camel roam in the field across from our balcony. The kids used to love watching this.
We`ve stayed at Club Turquoise in the Armutalan district the last 2 years,i found it very busy plenty of hustle bustle just a bit quiter than the centre.Plenty of Bars resteraunts and clothes shops which are probably cheaper than the centre.10 minute walk takes you to the main Marmaris Icmeler road with tons and loads and lots of shops.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.