Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Armutalan ?
7 Posts
I have stayed in the Armutalan area many times. There are plently of bars and restaurants on the area. The dolmus service is also very good,depending where you want to go in Marmaris, either the blue dolmus number 2 or number 3. You can also walk into Marmaris which is about a 20 minute walk

Boat trips are plentiful, book with the many booths in Marmaris and are great value. Last year boat trips were about £10 for a full day plus lunch, great value. Jeep safari is also very good day out, about £15 per person

Stewart
Hi Rotterdam

We are also going to Armutulan with the family for 3 weeks. We have stayed in the area before and really like it there.

The Golden Orange apartments are well situated in Armutulan. This is becoming a very popular area which has lots of good restaurants and pubs. Also theres shops and places to book trips/boat trips etc. You are located fairly near Armutulan Square where the dolmus station is. Its an excellent service and you can just wave one down anywhere and they will drop you off anywhere. Its approx 10 mins to the Marina/Bar Street area of Marmaris. Lets say tho if you dont feel like venturing into Marmaris itself theres lots right on the doorstep to keep you busy. Some of the restaurants in the area are Mustis, Caroles, The Palace, Palette, Le Kebab O YES, just to name a few.

I am posting links for a couple of maps which I use regularly and you will see the Golden Orange on the first map is number 70. On the next map if you look at Antique Palace, thats the area of Golden Orange. Also posting a link on the dolmus service which you will find handy.

I hope this all helps a little but if you want to know anything else please just ask and I will try to help.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/theGunny1/mapofmarmaris.jpg

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/scottishbikers/galllery3/mymar-1.jpg

http://www.allaboutmarmaris.com/Miscellaneous/Local%20dolmus%20routes.shtml
Hello again,

Thank you so much for all the info,it looks like we wont have a lot to worry about other than the crazy August heat :)

Just out of curiosity,are their any particular trips you would recommend for my teenage kids (17&16) to look out for(both love swimming) ? - We all like a tipple on a night, but I keep reading about 'booze' cruises and All-Inclusive party trips. Do all the trips involve heavy drinking,if not, what should the lads ask for?... and where is the best place to book a boat trip with places of interest rather than booze filled fun ?

Sorry to be a pain :que
Hi again

I am probably not the best person to answer your questions as I dont do any of the strenuous activities now! However, I can assure you there's loads of trips etc.. suitable for the age of your kids.
When you come out of the Golden Orange you will be met by people handing out flyers and advertising what trips are an offer on billboards. Theres plenty to pick from. I would recomend that you dont book through tour operators but go to the agency shops as in our experience they have been far better value. Often if you book a couple of trips they will throw in one free. You will be spoilt for choice. To name a few trips there will be all day jeep safaris, quad safaris, all day boat trips. I am sure they will love the boat trips where you have around 6 stops where they can dive off the boat. Usually thery will opffer to pick you up and drop you off. Lunch is always included but you can do all inclusive which would cover drinks as well. Amazing value! You have a water park fairly nearby. Also theres a few good shows in the evening - Talk of the Town for example or the Stella Show in nearby Icmeler. Then theres always Bar Street in the evening.

I am sure other posters will offer some advice/ recommendations on trips they have done.
stayed in armutalan for the past 6 years regarding trips we always do lazy days great for sunbathing and the children and you can jump of the boat every now and again the boat stops loads of times for you to swim also jeep safari great day out but dont put out clean on to wear.turkish baths are great but need to get one early on in your hols gives you a great tan. going again this year love turkey
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.