Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
ATM Machines
63 Posts
sorry i dont know how mant ATM's there are but i can tell you i have used my halifax debit card throughout the med inc. spain and grand canaria

brian
as long as its a debit card you can use it in any machine , you cant use it if its justa cashcard for drawing money out thou , i think you card has to have teh Maestro or sirrius symbol on it to be able to use it

your branch will be able to tell youif you are still unsure
Personally, I wouldn't totally rely on taking your card, just as a backup. I've used my debit card (Natwest - Maestro/Cirrus) for card payments etc no problem but have had problems when using ATM machines for cash withdrawels. I used it in Turkey and it didn't work. On retuirning home, the bank had cancelled it for security reasons. It'll be worth talking to someone at Halifax for clarification.

My dad went to Tenerife expecting his debit card to work about 2 years ago. Luckily, he was meeting a friend a few days after he arived. His card didn't work for cah withdrawels and he only had enough with him for a few days, I ended up sending money out with his friend.

Darren
Hi

I live in Lanzarote and still use my cashpoint card from my UK account. I can vouch for the fact that Maestro/Delta/Link cards work everywhere. Bring enough money for a couple of days just in case.

Sadie
I used my halifax cash card in Costa Teguise, stayed at Los Molinos and my partner also managed to use his card which was a Royal bank of scotland one

you should'nt have any probs but take enough cash with you to last at least a couple of days till you find out which machines your card is accepted in.

have a good hol

Carol
Anyone know if there is one, and if so, where? If not, what's the nearest?
Last time I was in the Sol (a long while back!!) there was an ATM in the lobby. But even if it has gone, no need to worry, you will find plenty, just can't think where the nearest one is from there!!!
Yes, there's at least one ATM.

It's on the outside of the main commercial centre, on the right hand side as you look up from the beach.

HTH
Where in costa teguise will i find an atm, staying at lanzarote gardens
If you use a Nationwide card you don't get charged anything for the pleasure of taking your own money out :lol:
aye but im trying to find out where the atm is located in case i run out of cash
I 'll be using a halifax card, i withdrew euros in belfast and the halifax charged me £1.50
We went over a year ago now so I can't remember where they are but I do remember there being a few dotted around. I always take my cheque book and visa just in case.
Thanks phil, havent been in lanzarote in about 6 years dont want to waste precious sunbathing time looking for cash machines

Im away tomorrow morn and cannae wait.
Lucky you, I have to wait until November :roll:
atm
: plenty of them about on the main strip and also some el bancos just go in and use them no problemo
plenty in and around Los Pocillos,which isnt far from Matagorda
Hi
I'm off to Costa de Teguise in July. Just wondering if there are any/many cash machines in the resort. Also, do local shops/resturants take credit cards. Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
What date are you going, we fly on the 7th for two weeks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.