Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
ATM's and solo
7 Posts
Am out in magaluf at the moment so will have a look and then post an answer.
yep pretty sure they do. Never been to maga but been mainland spain, ibiza and the canaries all took solo pretty much any where were they showed the meastro sign and even used it in restaraunts and shops , but beware island atm's are often out of order or empty (from past experiences) just make sure you got enough cash for a few days and you'll be fine :)

I'm going magaluf on thursday and i'l be taking my solo card with me aswell so it better bloody work :think
I rang my bank (NatWest) on Tuesday to ask about the solo card as I get paid 2 days after we arrive in Alcudia at the end of May, and they told me that the Solo card can be used anywhere that shows the meastro or cirrus sign then they will accept the card. I was also told that they charge a 2.5% rate for taking cash out of the ATM abroad, so was advised to take larger amounts out of the machine rather than smaller, so I would not be paying loads of charges.

Hope this helps

Sarah
but beware island atm's are often out of order or empty

Never in my experience covering 9 years of regular visits.
thanks for the replys will take the card with me but only for emergencies

kerry x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.