Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Going Solo
11 Posts
Hi There

I'm just back and I went on my own. Best thing I have ever done.
Just relaxed with the feet up. However I only went for 5 days and was ready to come home by the end of it.

I would recomend the island tour or Mount Teide, as you could get away with being on your own. I didn't do any trips this time as I have done them all before.

I'm sure you will meet people in your hotel. I sat a few nights at the hotel bar talking to the bar staff and two men from Edniburgh. They made me feel very welcome...

I'm sure no mater what you do, you will have a good time.
Hi,

You will be fine in Puerto. It is lovely, quiet and a great place just to chill. Go to the Lido, you can spend the day there just relaxing by the pools for about 5 euros. Teide and Loro Parque are a must as well.

There are lots of bars and restaurants... A few English and Irish pubs and the ex pats there are lovely, they will make you feel really welcome, you should have no problem finding someone to chat to.

Family have a place in the mountain's near Puerto so if you want to know anything just ask :D

9 weeks till we go - yeah!!!
Thank you - i'm getting excited now :)
I don't blame you!!!

We go about 4 times a year, Puerto is a lovely place.

Where abouts are you staying?
If you get bored then there is an organised bar crawl in las americas. Its organised by Tenerife Uncovered and theres no charge to come along.
Hi Munchito,

I am staying at Catalonia Las Vegas, it looked good in the brochure, but I read on another site that there is building work going on... Hey Ho, I am sure I will still have a good time. :D
Thanks for the offer Mr Pasons.
Las Americas is a long way from Puerto to go for a bar crawl
Yes I know, but thanks anyway. Bar crawls are not really my thing - must be getting old! :?
Hi,

Just went on to tripadvisor.com and the reviews are good.

You are near to the Lido which is being done up so that would be the noise that people were talking about. We went in April and they were still working on it. Fingers crossed it may be a bit more finished by now, although half otfit was open and it is lovely.

You are in a lovely position, near to some nice restaurants and right on the front - perfect. I hope the weather is good for you!

Glad you don't like pub crawls as Puerto is not really that type of place. Only about 1 night club the rest are bars and restaurants.

Make sure you wander round as it is quite a big place and round the back are some lovely buildings.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.