Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I hink that the main problem with A/I's in Crete is that they are for Europeans, not just English. This means your kids will have to mix with Dutch, German and Belgian whose companies and reps generally run the kids clubs.
I don't think it will be a bad thing for them as the reps generally have a good command of English and are very helpful and welcoming.

Royal Belvedere in Hersonissos was great for my grand daughter in August last year and she was 11, grandson 8. You are never a prisoner and there's a lot to do on Star Beach.
PM me if you want any more info.
We have booked the Petra Mare Hotel in Ierapetra for next August. Never been to Crete before but we chose this hotel because it a First Choice exclusive, has First Choice kids clubs including the Wavelength club for teenagers, and a First Choice entertainment team doing shows specifically for UK guests every evening. We have just returned from a similar First Choice hotel in Fuerteventura and had a fantastic time, so we knew this was the sort of thing we wanted to book again. The hotel is right on the beach and has its own mini waterpark with a couple of big slides. My kids will be 18 and 15 when we go.
Hope this is helpful.
Like cyberspacekadette we have just booked for hotel Petra Mare for 2 weeks commencing 29th July 2008.

Our party (2 families) will have 4 teenagers - 16,14,14,14, along with an 11 year old. Considered quite a few places but decided on Petra Mare due to good price and First Choice entertainment package.

Stayed in Holiday Village in Turkey last year with First Choice and entertainment and activities were excellent. My kids used wavelength and thoroughly enjoyed the activities. Hoping that First Choice entertainment and activities are similar at Petra Mare as they were in Turkey
Hi keitha1065 :D
We go on 29 July 2008 too! Booked it the other day at a First Choice shop but persuaded them to give me the Eclipse online price, which saved me just over £200 :) Also got a free child place for my daughter who'll be 15 - it's unusual to get child price on all-inclusive for anyone over 12.
It looks really good doesn't it? And most of the reviews are great, which is reassuring. I agree with you about the First Choice reps, they're a great team and make the holiday really special - I'm hoping maybe one or two of the entertainment reps from our hotel in Fuerteventura turn up at the Petra Mare next year as they seem to 'do the rounds' season by season.
See you next year!
Hi Cyberspacekadette

We booked online through eclipse as the price was slightly cheaper than First Choice. For our party of 9 we got 2 free child places and some other discount - all in all the price represented good value. Our only downside is the flight times - but looking at the facilities we think its worth the sacrifice of flying at night. We kept checking prices as we were sure there had been a mistake compared to what other tour operators were charging for similar hotels.

Agree with you that its unusual to get child prices up to sixteen never mind free child places for over 12's.

We are flying from Newcastle - where will you be flying from.

The countdown has began. Really looking forward to Crete even though its a long way off.
We will be flying from Manchester - there was a choice of two flights for us on that date, one was a horrid night flight (21:15 leaving MAN) and the other was an afternoon flight out/evening flight home (13:50 leaving MAN), so I booked that one for a small-ish supplement. Also paid extra for a sea view room, think it was about £1 extra per night - well worth it.
I'm looking forward to it - first time in Greece. Daughter is happy about there being a Wavelength Club, although she thinks it's "so not cool" to do kids clubs, she gradually eased herself into it in Fuerte and made lots of friends her own age who she still keeps in touch with. It looks like it's a good place for teens, and from what I've seen on the reviews they can go on the banana boats and stuff on the beach (not included in holiday price of course...)

See you there

Jo
Our flight leaves Newcastle at 21:00 and coming home leaves Crete at around 4am.No other choice for us I'm afraid.

Third time to Greece - been to Corfu and Rhodes previously. Greek people are so friendly and welcoming, sure you'll enjoy it.

Our party has booked 2 of the large rooms with sea view - reading the various reviews it should be worth paying the supplement for the sea view. Found some good reviews on the Trip Advisor site.

Our kids are 2 boys (16,14) and 3 girls (14,14,11). Thats the ages they will be next year when we go. One of the girls will be celebrating her birthday the day we fly out. Also my wife will be celebrating her birthday towards the end of our holiday.

At least we should be able to grab a sunbed on the first day as soon as we've checked in - provided flight isn't delayed.

We are hoping the kids in our party will join in with the wavelength clubs - they are usually slow to join in at first but once they try the clubs they can't keep away. :D

Sure ther will be plenty of comments from this years visitors to prepare us for our visit.

See you there
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.