Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Rachael

I have never stayed at this hotel but have been visiting Goa for years now and every hotel seems to get good and bad reviews.

All I can say is forget the star system and forget the reviews because the hotel ratings for Goa are a law unto themselves and each person has different expectations of what constitutes a good hotel. To be perfectly honest I've happily stayed in hotels in Goa that I would walk straight out of if they were anywhere in Europe.

Unless you are very unlucky, and as long as the hotel is listed in a brochure somewhere, then it will be clean but basic.

That's about all you can expect but as I'm sure you now know the best of Goa is outside of the hotel scene so all you are really doing is sleeping there anyway.
I only use the hotel as a base anyway and last year I even had nights in different locations across Goa which were fantastic.

I don't mind basic hotels at all as the five star hotels of the world don't appeal to me ! From what I can see the location of the hotel is fantastic, right behind Beach Road which, is where we made friends with many people last year.

I am very open minded so the hotel shouldn't be a problem for me, I just needed a bit of guidance as it will only be the 2nd time I've been to Goa but I can't wait !

Rachael
rk

If you haven't done so already, hire a beach hut at Ashvem Beach for a night or two - all your troubles will melt away
How far away is that from Candolim and how much is it for an overnight trip ?

Rachael
Hi Rachael, I stayed at Ave Maria 1 last February and it was a dump. Ave Maria 2, although we never looked inside it, looked OK from the outside. There is a small pool there, not bad. The meals are served at A M 1 and we only had breakfast there, I certainly wouldn't have any other meals there, grotty tables etc. The small bar is at A M 1, but there's a bar just across from your hotel which is OK (forgot the name). We only slept at the hotel and never stayed there much apart from that. If you need any more info please get in touch, Rick.
Our members' reviews are certainly not good for AM1. Has anyone here stayed at Ave Marie 2?
We have just got back from Goa and stayed at Ave Maria 2, try to ask for room F2, its quite new and a little bit bigger although we would have been pleased to stay in any of the rooms. Ave Maria 1 is a different kettle of fish though! Wouldn't stay there.
The lads at Ave Maria 2 are great, don't do a great deal but are always smiling and happy to help, Sharon at reception is very helpful too.
NB. Don't bother with the breakfast, its cheap enough outside the hotel, oh and always shower before everyone else has chance! Solar powered.
Thanks Alavan
That is good to know as reports on AM1 do not seem to be good at all. Would you be able to post a review for us here please?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.