UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Just incase you would consider closer to Windermere I can recommend the Derby Arms at Witherslack.
Not a B&B as such but a small country pub with 6 rooms close to Grange Over Sands is a super little place to stay, excellent homemade food and a lovely selection of drinks especially their choice of real ale if anybody likes them and very friendly staff.

We stayed there last September and will be going back down again this summer for a few nights, there is not much in the immediate vicinity but I presume you will have transport to get out and about

http://www.ainscoughs.co.uk/The-Derby-Arms/the-derby-arms-home.html

Also available via accommodation booking companies such as -
http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/the-derby-arms.en.htm
http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/190394_the-derby-arms-grange-over-sands.aspx

Graham
Graham,

Are you sure dogs are allowed in the bedrooms, looking at the pub it sounds as though they are allowed in the bar but there is no mention of dogs on the room prices? They would always be mentioned if allowed and what price if any (there usually is) is charged per night.

Had a look myself as we always take the dog when we holiday in this country, looked nice though!

Not stayed in Keswick, but just google pet friendly B & B's for that area you will get loads coming up.

Good luck
Does anybody have any pet B&Bs

I interpreted this to mean that shrimper was asking if anybody had a favourite B&B they could recommend rather than a B&B that welcomed pet animals and I suspect that Kiltman might have done the same ;) Perhaps shrimper can confirm whether he does want to take the family pet with him?

SM
Sorry for any confusion, I did mean does anybody have a favorite b&b, thanks for pointing this out
I suspect that Kiltman might have done the same

I had indeed interpreted it that way, thanks for clarifying shrimper :tup

I have also added a few pictures in to my media file which you can find by following the 'View My Media' link under my avatar on the left.

Graham
Oops, did not for 1 minute think he meant anything but dog friendly B & B,s. Obviously a different way of saying things, and just goes to show how differently people can interpret them.

Apologies for misunderstanding
I think I did quite well with my confusion, Thanks Graham I have had alook at the photos and will be interested to see if there are anymore suggestions now
Can recomend Hillthwaite house in Windermere they allow dogs and are the most lovely friendly people ever...with a fab restaurant and lake views from the terrace areas.
Keswick isn't far to drive for a day trip or maybe stay a night at each place ;) :tup
Ha-ha, another one for me to look at!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.