Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Pippa I havnt seen a facility at Faro airport for self check in, I think Cubsur might know for definate though, as it has been mentioned before somewhere. Maybe sending him a PM could give you your answer.
I've never seen self check-in facilities at Faro, either.
I thought I had posted this in the Algarve forum but obviously not!! Can it be moved please.

Does not matter if there are not any self service check in machines at the airport - we have plenty of time so will just go to a desk instead.

Pippa
  • Edited by David 2009-01-11 15:15:56
    Transferred from Airlines & Airports as requested
I replied in another place, but for info here there are no BA selfservice check in machines at Faro. Check in on line if you can to avoid being bounced off your flight (nearly happened to me once) but if you can't print your boarding pass and/or have hold bags you have to join the check-in queues for up to an hour unfortunately! They often only open two desks.
Thanks for the information.

We will have hold bags so will have to queue at the desk in any case. We plan to be at the airport well over 2 hours before departure so hopefully there should be no problem - it is also not the busiest time of year.

We are staying at the Porto Bay Falesia which by all accounts has a very expensive internet service. If we can find an internet cafe we may well check in online.

Pippa
We checked in on line a couple of years ago, and they let us use the posh people's check in desk. Don't know if that is normal, or we were just lucky because they had just started the on line service?
Just an quick update. We returned home yesterday and checked in online at the hotel. BA had three desks open - one for Club Europe, one for fast bag drop and one for all others which had a long queue. It pays to check in online if you can as it was so quick.

Pippa
Thanks Pippa - a check in for fast bag drop is a change of policy and as I will be flying with BA next time back, I shall be suitably forearmed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.