Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
That's great news, it has been a real pain trying to get to Varna from the UK during winter months. Price seems very reasonable too.
Fine, but from this part of the UK I'd rather drive to Manchester, then travel by transfer bus from Bourgas to the Varna area, than endure the horrors of travelling to Gatwick.

Peter
Hi Peter,

Do you know are there any flight from Manchester to Bourgas during winter months? I agree transferring at Gatwick is a dread, especially when you are stuck there for 4 hrs!
Hi BCake,
BCake wrote:
Do you know are there any flight from Manchester to Bourgas during winter months?

Unlikely, I suspect. Until very recently, Burgas Airport basically just shut over the off-season.

Most winter flights, whether charter or scheduled, from London and regional airports are likely to be to Sofia or Plovdiv for servicing the ski resorts.

Wizz Air (Luton-Burgas) are currently showing flights returning to the UK up to 29th October and Luton-Varna up to 30th October.

Even Bulgaria Air and BA have stopped most, if not all, of their off-season scheduled direct flights from Gatwick to Varna over the past couple of winters (previously these had operated throughout the year, making access to Varna very easy) switching their flights to Sofia.
Thanks Baldur,

It has to be said that flights to Varna, even during the summer season, have not been as easily available as let's say 3 years ago. It seems like tour operators are putting their resources to Bourgas/Sunny Beach instead.

In the last year or so I have been taking the Easyjet Manchester - Sofia route, then BulgariaAir from Sofia to Varna. With all said, it's not easy getting to Varna during winter!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.