Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
There is also another bottled water, specifically for those on low sodium diets and for the use in preparing babys feed, called Lanjaron
I used Font Vella for my baby Arabella, I found that to be the best and most readily available.
Hi - now this may seem like a very silly question but one I have to ask. Can someone confirm if you can get fresh milk in Lanzarote from Supermarkets. Our little man doesnt take to kindly if he misses his bottle. Thanks. TC
You can buy fresh milk in Lanzarote, the brands are Sandra and La Granja, and they come in full, and semi skimmed. However, they are not always available :roll: There is plenty around at the moment, but a couple of months back it was nearly impossible to find. Also depending on the weather, it goes off very very quickly!!! I have often bought some, got it home and opened it and it is already sour!!!!
Can anyone tell me if i can get cow and gate formula instead of carting loads with me, thanks
Hiya

I always pack enough nappies for my holiday in my case but im thinking this is a waste of luggage allowance really.
How much more expensive will it be to buy them when i arrive?
I am staying in a villa and planning on going straight from the airport to the supermarket and im advised Eurospar is a good place to go so will the nappies be plentiful in there?

Vicky

PS i would normally use pampers
Hi Vicky - we have only had experience of this in mainland spain and majorca (off to Lanzarote in November :D ) but...i think i was told that Dodot are the Spanish 'equivalent' to Pampers ... although we found that in many tourist areas Pampers were readily available but only in the smaller 'touristy' supermarkets... however for the small packs that you get here for about a fiver i think i paid something like 16Euro's...they were the only ones in the nearest shop to the hotel and we thought we had packed some and when i came to get them we hadnt so i had little choice.. :(
In regards to price - when we went to a villa this summer, we noticed that the big supermarkets (mercadona / carrefour etc) were no more expensive than the UK, but we did find they only stocked the large packets ..similar to the pampers ones that are about a tenner (or 2 for £16) if you know the ones i mean... someone else will be able to give you a better idea i'm sure but i would imagine Lanzarote wont be too different.... happy holidays :D
Yes vicky you will be wasting valuable luggage space by packing disposable nappies!!!!! Lanzarote has plenty, whether they are cheaper or more expensive than you are used to I have no idea.

On the subject of powdered milk, the main brands here are Nestles and Aptimel. SMA is one that is definitely NOT available in this province, and I have never seen Cow and Gate.

HTH :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.