Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
You can get some brands of baby milk but not all and it can be quite exensive. Nappies you will have no problem with though, you can get Pampers if you want them, they are called Prima, or you can use local brands, which are cheaper but just as good. I used to buy Molfix, Can baby or Evy Baby. You can get baby wipes too but bring your own nappy sacks as I never saw them anywhere.
The most common brand of baby milk available in the supermarkets is Aptamil. My granddaughter has been visiting Turkey since she was 10 weeks old and her mum always took her own brand of baby milk powder whenever we took her over. Apart from that, nappies are readily available (Pampers being called Prima in Turkey) and my daughter reckons that the baby wipes she got in Turkey (a Turkish brand) were better and thicker than she gets over here!!

Just one thing. If you're taking powdered milk, then just make sure that the mineral content of the bottled water you use to make it up is not high. We always used Labranda bottled water which is fine. Also, do take suntan lotion for your baby - it's very expensive over there and not as good as we get over here.

Hope this helps.

Jak xx
Gumbet Jakki

Am pleased to read that Aptamil is available in supermarkets. My little grandson who is 11 weeks old just now is on this milk - it will put our mind at rest when we travel to Turkey in July. Good advice from you and Kedi about nappies as well.

Thanks
If there is anything else you want to know just ask, I brought my baby up in Turkey until she was 18 months old so I may be a be to help.

Kedi
Thanks Kedi. We will bear that in mind.
Thank you for your replies. We will probably take ready made milk with us but at least if we do run out I know I will be able to get something that we can use. The information on the nappies is really helpful as I don't want to take to many of them as are quite heavy. We will take lots of suntan cream and are buying UV swim suits for both the children going with us. My granddaughter, Sophie, will be nearly 3 when we go and has been abroad before but I'm slightly more worried about my grandson, Ruben, as he is naturally paler than his sister. Is there anything else we need to think about when travelling to Turkey with little ones? Is there anywhere that is particularly good to take them? Sophie really likes animals and wildlife but I'm not sure if there's anything in the Altinkum area. I've been before but not with children as young as these two.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.