Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hello there:

I haven't gone to Malaga, but visited several times the other 4 cities.. which are the most important in Spain.

Ok.. the tour you plan to do depends on where do you arrive and leave... I will assume you arrive to Madrid and also leave from there.
In Madrid I can recommend you Metropol Hostel. This place is very well located (Gran Vía with Montera Street), It is really near the center, 5 minutes walking from "La Plaza del Sol", lots of restaurants, Plaza Reial,, like 15 minutes far from the Royal Castle, etc... Also, you have a bus and subway station just in front of it. If yoy want more information of bars and restaurants tell me.

In Valencia, I stayed at the "Las Arenas Youth Hostel".. we spend few time here,, but the place is fairly nice. The most important things to see are in the center.. apart from the beautiful buldings, the Plaza Central, Churches...is a beautiful Museum-Aquarium internationally recongnized. Don't miss it.. and have paella (I didn't know Valencia created this dish)

In Barcelona... once we stayed at Gothic Point Hostel.. basically because the staff from Metropol recommended it (I guess it's from the same chain). The place was nice, really near from the center, 5 minutes walking from Las Ramblas, The Cathedral, located in The Gothic Barri (el Borne).. There are a lot of restaurants, but near from main attractions...

I'm sorry, but in Ibiza we stayed with some friends..so we didn't pay for any hotel... But some friends stayed at an appartment and it was economic.. I recommend you avoid taking cabs, they're expensive.. you can take public transportation and it will take you the same time earning a lot of money.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.