Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
That's awful Rogic. Must have been bad to put you off visiting again, especially as you say you liked the area. I've never been to Parga (yet) but have read some good reports about it. Did other guests experience any problems with the owner? What was his problem with the children on the balcony? Surely as paying guests they had a right to be there. It wasn't as though they were being noisy late at night. I'm just wondering whether you've made an official complaint against him. Hopefully, you'll put a review of the accommodation on the hotel review section of HT and warn others about it.
Hi Shirley,
it was a really traumatic experience for all of us. We had just arrived in Greece full of optimism and hope for a great holiday and the Villa Avli's owner spoiled it for us. They had a 'quite' time between 2-5 in the afternoon but I could not lock my 4 kids up including 10 months old baby in a room and stick socks in their mouths. And they were not really noisy, just playing. If you want to make a sanatorium out of your hotel you shouldn't take in families with kids in the first place.
I tried to post the review under hotel reviews but I didn't know how to add a new hotel. Please let me know if you know how.

Thanks for reading,
Sanja
rogic :welcome to the Greek forums of HT.. sorry to hear of your unexpected experiences, in many of the smaller resorts and traditional villages around Greece they still observe the "quite hours" and indeed in some villages the local council have invoked bylaws to keep it,

however all that is in the past and hopefully you can enjoy [as many of us do] another holiday in Greece,and now you have found and joined us you have access to a huge pool of information and experiences to help you find what you are looking for in a holiday

wizard
You can ask for a hotel to be added to the Hotel Reviews in the sticky topic at the top of the Help & Assistance forum. It will help if you have a link to the hotel or the name of the tour operator.

luci :wave
Perhaps this thread should be put in another Greek Islands thread, as Parga is not in Corful .... sorry to be pedantic!
sorry folks wizard has been working 14 hr days instead of his magic on the forums... now moved to other Greece :tup

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.