Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Parga
27 Posts
Try looking at Thomson holidays and Manos they both go to Parga 8)
- also Kosmar or Direct Greece. We liked staying on the Valtos beach side of Parga.
Sunvil also have packages to Parga
Hi
We travelled with First Choice and stayed in the Adams Apartments. We thought it preferable to stay at Parga Town side rather than Valtos Beach. Depends whether you think you will enjoy the walk over the top or not. Having said that, we had a 15 minute walk down from Adams. A taxi home was €2 I think.
Parga is a lovely place without the karaoke, sky sports and English breakfasts except for the odd place.
Enjoy, Yiamass, Jean
Hi,
We're off to Parga June 10th for 2 weeks with First Choice, staying at Valtos Beach Hotel. We've enjoyed our holidays on Skiathos, Kefalonia, Santorini and Zante over the last few years, so have chosen Parga for our honeymoon, can't wait!
Like many others, I'm considering Parga for my next holiday.
I like the look of the Magda studios and have the chance to book direct. Does anyone know how easy it is to book airport transfers and how much it would cost?

Never been to Parga before, it's a toss up between there, Skiathos or Kefalonia. Any advice welcome!
Parga is a beautiful place full of very friendly locals. We stayed at Valtos beach (which is stunning) and would either walk or catch the water taxi into Parga at night. We went with Manos but if we go back we'll definitely go diy - it's very easy to book car hire to pick up and drop off at Preveza airport and it's a lovely drive up to Parga. Plus a car is essential to see what this gorgeous area of greece has to offer :)
Thanks Duffi,

Can you recommend any particular car hire company?

BJ
We've used Argus car hire and Economy car rentals both excellent prices and no problems - car ready and waiting for us at the airport. Haven't used them from Preveza only from Kalamata but should be ok.

Have a great time :)
An alternative that might be cheaper than flying to Preveza is to fly to Corfu and then get a taxi to the port (not far so is cheap) and then take the ferry, again inexpensive to Igoumenitsa and hire a car there or take a taxi to Parga, Igoumenitsa is closer to Parga than Preveza.

There is also a bus service from Igoumenitsa to Parga but you would have to time you arrival carefully so as not to miss it.
If you've made it to Corfu then you might like to try the relaxed way by catching the ferry to Paxos for a few days and then the boat across to Parga.
Thanks guys,

All ideas worth looking into.
Only concern about catching ferries is taking valuable time away from a week's holiday, or does it become an enjoyable part of the hols?

JudeX
Having tried the others you mention I have been to Parga 16 times over the past 25 years (every year for the last 12, including getting married there) and it never ceases to be a total pleasure.
For many years we travelled with Kosmar who are certainly cheaper than the other operators and found the accommodation as good as any other.
However for the last few years we have found it better to travel independantly (and cheaper.... no supplements etc) and make your own arrangements re flights. Accommodation is plentiful and easy to arrange (have a look at http://www.parga.com for more info)
The Corfu method of getting there is good and there are more flights, but if you are taking a package holiday then it's normally direct to Preveza and the operators coach to Parga (about an hour). I have always stayed on the Parga side rather than Valtos with packages (Kosmar) and found this more convenient especially in the evenings when you want to get to the town. However the choice is always yours. Magda apartments are really nice and the brothers who own it can't do enough for you. It's also conveniently placed.
As far as Car Hire is concerned contact Paul Dovey at Europcar for the best deals
Thanks for your reply Kelvin.

I have emailed Magda to check availability, keeping everything crossed!
I'll explore the travel options once we're lucky enough to get the booking.
Which travel option do you normally go for?
Hiya!
Travelling independantly as we do, I still go for the Preveza option if at all possible (and so far it has been) I think the flights there are normally on Wednesdays and Sundays from England) and we like to go Sundays
However, the first time I went there (in 1982) we had a ferry journey from Corfu. As far as I remember it was a very pleasant trip...but as it was so long ago that's about it. Plenty of people still go that way now though and I'm told it's OK and a much shorter trip from Igoumenitsa to Parga.
But I still prefer the Preveza route and the journey from the airport to Parga is quite spectacular along the route.
Hope that helps
Thanks Kelvin,

I think I'll probably opt for Preveza, less to think of! The next decision will be whether to book a transfer or hire a car....
Mind you, still haven't had a reply to my email so feeling less optimistic.
Yes Preveza does give you less to think about... If I were you I'd take the transfer first and then book a car once you get into Parga.. Especially if its your first time there, and although the route to Parga is pretty straightforward, if you don't know the roads, there are some rather good "bends" in it! (anyway I'm not you so I'll leave it to your decision)
Yippee,
Confirmed booking today at Magda's. They can book a taxi for us at cost of 60 Euros each way. Car hire I believe would set us back about £120 but probably wouldn't be used all week.

Do you think we could hire a car in Parga but return it to the airport?

Cheers,

JudeX
Jude,
Good News! You will be fine at Magda's no doubt! Taxi hire at 60 euros each way is good value and yes yould probaqbly find that you don't need the car in Parga (depending on your wandelust) All I can tell you that in 16 visits to Parga I have only ever hired a car once, and then I took it back a day early>
However, if you decide to hire, you cancertainly hire in Parga and leave it at the Airport. If you do I would, as I said before, go and see Paul Dovey at Europcar (which is near Magda's) I am sure you will get a better rate there
If I can help with anything else e mail me (my address is on the Getting Married page @www.parga.com) or leave a message on here
Good on Ya
Kelvin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.